Writing for therapy

A forum for those interested in the craft and art of writing.

Moderator: Moderator

reddragon70

Writing for therapy

Postby reddragon70 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:08 am

Many of you will know I am going through a somewhat bitter divorce.

Is there such a thing as an amicable divorce? Not that I can see. Even the most amicable split seems to run into this mire of accusations, blame and worst, arguments over money.

I decided as a way of getting rid of my own frustration, to write a story about it. Based on the actual conversations (if you can call them that) I have had with my soon to be ex-wife over the last 15 months. I dont have an eidetic memory, thank god, but a lot of the things she said to me are etched into my memory in letters standing six feet high and burning like the sun.

Anyway, I wrote the story and posted it ( first draft, unedited and raw) onto a website blog section I use. Wikivorce.com. A handy and helpful website that has offered me a great deal of support through all of this mess. I am amazed by the response it got. It seems to have struck a chord with many people there going through the same.

Anyway, if any of you want to have a look here is the link to the blog and the story.

http://www.wikivorce.com/divorce/Blogs/ ... draft.html

Any similarity to Unca Harlan's story "Anywhere but Here With Anyone But You" is entirely unintentional. But the concept of that story gave me the guts to actually write this.

All the best

Stumpy AKA Reddragon70.

Lori Koonce

Re: Writing for therapy

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:43 am

Redstumpy

That reminded me of all the FB convos we've had, You may have found your voice dude.

Very well done.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Thank you Lori

I dont know if I have found my voice yet. Or even if I am close to it. But writing that was, I suppose, my exorcism of demons.

It seems to have been well received. I think it has touched some people at least. In my humble opinion, no bad thing.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Well written and painful to read bc of the pain you were able to distill into the writing.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Red the above comment was a compliment. You knew that right? I am rereading some of my posts and wishing I could make what I meant more obvious.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks Diane, I knew it was a compliment. I guess I find it hard to take them, not because it dont feel good about getting them. More that I am so unused to getting them.

I dont know if its well written or not. Its kind of weird, when I re-read stuff I have written I sometimes find it hard to believe that it was actually me who did it. I guess that is what learning is all about, and I am still learning.

Carolbunn

Postby Carolbunn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 am

Well written. It was very painful reading this, tears rolled rolled out from my eyes while reading.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:45 am

Thank you Carolbunn. I dont know what else to say. Just... Thank you :)

Return to “The Moving Finger”