Comics. What are they good for?

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:10 pm

You know, at first I was annoyed by your comments, then I realized that you are probably just a pathetic little boy who lives in Mommy and Daddy's basement.

I would love to know what pleasure cowards like you get from insulting everyone on the board, but this is probably the only interaction you have with other people, other than your calls to 900 numbers, so I should feel pity, rather than annoyance towards you.

Robochrist, put in those terms I agree with your comments completely. Just curious, what comics have you been reading? From your postings, I would take it that you are a fan of the Alan Moore/Grant Morrison type of comic.
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:13 pm

>I would love to know what pleasure cowards like you get from insulting everyone on the board<

The pleasure comes from your inevitable responses. I liked the 900-number bit.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 pm

"just as ours does everyday."

English 101:

That was posted hastily because I'm at work.

Ah means, "as ours dictate our own actions everyday"

DVG

Postby DVG » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:19 pm

I own a Picasso.

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:20 pm

>Eric is dense. He has nothing to say about anything<

Not about Spider-Man, no, you've got me there. Have at it, Robo.

DVG

Postby DVG » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:23 pm

I also own a set of original Mies Van der Rohe chairs, but they need to be restored.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:23 pm

Eric,

"The pleasure comes from your inevitable responses."

And, of course, your own in turn. You've been more predictable than anyone on this board since god knows how many years you've been here.

What do you DO for a living, Eric? Embalm corpses?

DVG

Postby DVG » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:26 pm

Lastly, I own a set of paper mache furniture from Dresden or area, circa 1740 or so. They're interesting but not really to my taste. I am thinking of perhaps lending or donating them to a museum for display. There's an interesting collection of paper mache architectural elements at the Caramoor Art Center near Katonah, NY. I cannot too much impress upon admirers of the material the importance of a visit to this historic collection.

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:30 pm

I provide assistive technology solutions to disabled and special needs K-12 students in the northeastern Illinois area, as well as supervise the special education district's staff of technicians and technology curriculum consultants.

You asked.

DVG

Postby DVG » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:31 pm

IT, hm?

No wonder you're cranky.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:57 pm

I went for a long walk over lunch and was thinking about who was the first super hero. While many would point to Superman, I think the concept of a powerful figure protecting others goes much further back than that.

My submission for the first super hero would probably be Gilgamesh. Sure, he generally acted like a jerk before meeting his buddy Enkidu but after the battle with the monster (a Bull of Heaven, I believe), he settled down and acted responsibly.

In Western Europe, I would probably say the first example would be Perseus for his rescue of Andromeda and the slaying of Medusa.

Contrary to what some have posted, the concept of the super hero has a very long and proud history.
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Jan

Postby Jan » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:26 pm

If you're chronological, I rather think his dad Zeus, the keeper of liberty and order who fought the titans.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:49 pm

DVG wrote:IT, hm?

No wonder you're cranky.

Ah, shrapnel be my life ... winged by association.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

robochrist

Postby robochrist » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:06 pm

"I provide assistive technology solutions to disabled and special needs K-12 students"

I gather, then, you consider this board a mere extension of the disabled; and that suggests you must have a peculiar bearing around those disabled.

You're a sick bastard, man.

Yet, I must admit many IT people, in my experience, have been hollow and irascible; terrible communicators with "I've no reason to live and you've no RIGHT to live" slapped across their foreheads.

It's too bad you haven't commanded a more respectful bearing on this board, given whom you work for. I've done some freelance editing for a child psychologist who works for the county counseling troubled kids K-12.

It's equally troubling that you've had nothing more interesting to submit here in all this time, because you rarely seem intelligent at ALL - contrary to what's obviously really the case.

I guess you're just a fuckin' weirdo stuck in front of a monitor all day. 'Course that alone will make ANYONE weird.

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:30 pm

No Rob, most people here are pretty normal. You are seriously immature, as your past postings have all-too-sickeningly revealed, but that's common in skiffy fandom.

Return to “Pop Culture”