Discussion

The SPIDER Symposion: in-depth discussion of specific Ellison stories and works.

Moderators: Moderator, Jan, Duane

Jan

Postby Jan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:31 am

Just open a thread here. BTW, I don't think David or anybody has quite done Vol. 1 justice.

I am gone for two weeks, so if anybody needs something technical done, try Steve or Duane.
Instructions on how to use graphics etc. are somewhere on page one of this thread.

Site Admin

Re: Discussion

Postby Moderator » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am

Vacation, Jan? Or working trip?
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Jan

Postby Jan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Back of course and on pg.3 of Punky & the Yale Men.

Did I mention we need a comics thread? Phoenix Without Ashes, Spirit, Dream Corridor 1, Hulk...
Still hoping for a basic On the Road with H.E. thread too.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 am

Comics thread will be started today. I was planning on working my way through my Harlan stuff again in preparation for the Con in September
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Jan

Postby Jan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Mark, I've moderated your post, as you can well see. Let me know if you want it another way. You had probably forgotten about the DC2 thread. Thank you for posting. By the way, there is also a Vic and Blood thread. I'll include such links in the top post when the thread is underway.
Have read Punky and will post my comments soon.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 am

Jan, no problem, my apologies for posting it in the wrong thread initially
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Haven't forgotten that I'm supposed to review SPIDER KISS here. I read it last year, but I'm reading it again. It's coming.

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 am

I'm simply too busy myself to contribute anything in the foreseeable future, at least until a new book comes out. I occasionally check if everything still works or to edit the Glass Teat page or a link.

If someone happens to read a Harlan book not covered here, they're always welcome to put some kind of overview or review here.

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:15 am

First installment of my year end review: http://marktiedemann.com/wordpress/?p=1706

Return to “Literary Symposium”