New Chapbook - TWO IN LEFT FIELD

A forum for those interested in the craft and art of writing.

Moderator: Moderator

FinderDoug

New Chapbook - TWO IN LEFT FIELD

Postby FinderDoug » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 pm

If you follow me on Facebook, you may already have seen the announcement: I have a chapbook available for purchase, which will be officially released on July 2.

It's a two-piece, baseball-themed collection titled TWO IN LEFT FIELD. One half is a fantasy story about a cursed baseball team, titled "The Shaman In Relief"; the other is the title piece, a memoir about the day in 1978 that my father pulled me out of school to go to Yankee Stadium. In all, about 9,000 words of brand-new material, and my first solo publication.

It started as a labor of love this past Autumn - a private distribution edition of 26 copies for family and friends, to mark what would have been my dad's 68th birthday (upcoming in July); but there was enough outside interest when I began talking about to convince me to do a small print run trade edition. I think it's a fine little book.

For interested persons, it's available for pre-order here: http://www.midnight-to-three.com - 36 pages, perfect bound, $5 + p/h

Site Admin

Re: New Chapbook - TWO IN LEFT FIELD

Postby Moderator » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 pm

I am embarrassed that in the flurry of things I neglected to grab a copy of this already, Doug.

I will rectify this weekend.

:oops:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:56 pm

No worries; I'm currently on a 4200 mile road trip through the eastern US, so fulfillment could take some time - home again on the the 24th.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm

E-mailed ya. Don't underestimate the shipping, as good eggs are wont to do.

D.

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 am

Douglas H. - your package will go out tomorrow. And we thank you for your support!

Anyone else who's interested: we're down to 25 copies, and when they're gone, they're gone - no plans for a second printing.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:24 am

Well, I read it this weekend, Doug, and I was not disappointed. You, my friend, can string together a sentence or two.

Gang, don't miss out: Douglas J. Lane is the real thing.

D.

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 am

Thank you, Doug! Glad you enjoyed it! And you're my first international sale on this project!

From a independent production/distribution standpoint, it's been an interesting experiment.

Personally, it's cost me at least one sister, who unceremoniously unfriended me on Facebook after her copy arrived; but then, she's been a bomb with all-red wiring for many, many years.

Return to “The Moving Finger”