There's- A Bathroom on The Right.....

A forum for those interested in the craft and art of writing.

Moderator: Moderator

JAU AR IU?

GHYN
43%
XITEE
57%

Total votes: 7

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:40 am

Oddly enough, that connection had been made before -- intentionally. My friend Brother Blue, a professional storyteller in Cambridge, Mass., participated in a sort of audio tone-poem/radio play about Monk called "The Loneliest Monk" on WGBH-Boston, I think, back in about 1982.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Hathor

Postby Hathor » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:20 pm

There was a "Felonious Monk" pun going around, too. Although I can't remember if I read it in something by Robert Aspirin or Douglas Adams

Tom

Re: There's- A Bathroom on The Right.....

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:42 pm

A friend of mine actually had a calendar with a misquoted lyric to a song for every day of the year. The calendar was named after what is probably the most famous " 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy". I don't remember many but being a Dead-Head I remember the first line of "Bertha" being converted from "I had a hard run, running from your window" to a description of the sexual state of the escapee.
Tom

Return to “The Moving Finger”