new crowdfunding campaign for film based on Ellison story

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

ATSayre

Re: new crowdfunding campaign for film based on Ellison stor

Postby ATSayre » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:27 am

I think so too.
While it's pretty clear the campaign isn't reaching the goal in the last week, that isn't the end of this project. Whatever amount has been raised in this last week of the campaign will be put towards the next step of the project. What in specific that would be is still undetermined, but I have some ideas on that I will be figuring out over the next six weeks. Whether it be using this funding and experience and putting it toward a new campaign probably in December, or hiring a casting director to approach named talent, or any other option for what to do next, the one thing that is certain is that it's not over not over. I'll keep working on this till I'm told I can't anymore.
And even then I probably still work it for a month or two after that.

ATSayre

Postby ATSayre » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:20 pm

Just a little over 24 hours left in the campaign. It has not had the outcome I had hoped for, but every little bit can still help with the continuance of the project.

Steve Barber

Postby Steve Barber » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:53 am

ATSayre wrote:Just a little over 24 hours left in the campaign. It has not had the outcome I had hoped for, but every little bit can still help with the continuance of the project.

I'm sorry it didn't raise what you'd hoped. All of us are. I know there's a lot of competition for dollars these days (our budget went out the window with an unexpected $3000 vet bill).

Keep flogging.
All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

ATSayre

Postby ATSayre » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:51 am

It's okay, I know how tight money is for people.
And like I've said, this project doesn't end with this campaign. I am going to keep trying to get his made till someone in the know tells me I can't anymore.
How exactly I proceed after this I don't know, whether it be finding well moneyed people to finance it, or another campaign of a more modest goal to get seed money, not the whole budget, I haven't decided. But I'll be sure to let people know around here.

ATSayre

Postby ATSayre » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Starting a new crowd funding campaign for the project, that went live today:

http://www.seedandspark.com/studio/song-zombie-sang

This one is for a smaller goal, and on a site that's film campaigns only. I hope you all can contribute and help get this project off the ground.

ATSayre

Postby ATSayre » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:07 am

This Sunday at 2PM EST I will be on The Cutting Room Floor with Casey Ryan podcast, live to talk about the film project. I've been on this podcast before a couple of years ago about my previous feature film. This is the same podcast that I was scheduled to be on a couple of months ago for the last campaign that got pushed due to technical difficulties. Hopefully nothing liek that ill occur this time and the biggest problem this time would be that I say something that makes me sound stupid.
You can tune in and listen at the following link:

http://tunein.com/radio/The-MIXX-Talk-s154484/

It should be a fun podcast, and I hope you all can check it out. I like Casey a lot, and he runs a great podcast so I am looking forward to it.

ATSayre

Postby ATSayre » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:19 pm

For anyone who didn't get a chance to listen to the podcast interview live, you can listen to it in Casey's archives here:
http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/audioPop.jsp?episodeId=925494&cmd=apop
First half of the episode is with me talking about the project, and then the second half is with another filmmaker, Rob Gokee, which is pretty interesting on its own.

Return to “Pop Culture”