THE DOCTOR...is in

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

Rick Keeney

Re: THE DOCTOR...is in

Postby Rick Keeney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:28 pm

The two-parter we're talking about here posits an alternate dimension where Cyber Men might very well have evolved differently. The original origin could still stand. Or have I missed something?

Another little thing about the Judoon in that episode: Their software recognized Earth English. Meaning someone had familiarity with humanity prior to that point.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:09 pm

Rick Keeney wrote:The two-parter we're talking about here posits an alternate dimension where Cyber Men might very well have evolved differently. The original origin could still stand. Or have I missed something?

Another little thing about the Judoon in that episode: Their software recognized Earth English. Meaning someone had familiarity with humanity prior to that point.

The origin of the Cybermen is blurry. The revised origin leaves it open. The Doctor recognizes them in the other dimension, however...your interpretation.

Humanity has had many interactions which might have put Earth English into the Judoon database. The Judoon serve an organization known as the Shadow Proclamation, which serves as a Galactic authority of some kind.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:17 pm

Rick Keeney wrote:The two-parter we're talking about here posits an alternate dimension where Cyber Men might very well have evolved differently. The original origin could still stand. .

Entirely possible, though they never refer to it.

(Actually, another major revision was the Nestine Conciousness, which was originally a disembodied intelligence - greatly simplified in "Rose". )

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Ben refused to watch the sequel to "The Impossible Planet." But he quotes "The Impossible Planet" more often than any other episode. He's all the time with, "Open door 18. He is awake."

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:57 am

Tell Ben that if he doesn't watch the sequel..."The Satan Pit"...he will never know if The Doctor defeats evil. If The Doctor saves the day. He will always think The Doctor failed.

:shock:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:19 pm

I think one look at an Ood was an effective brain wipe for anything else going on there.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:33 pm

Bean and I watched "The Eleventh Hour." He wondered why Amy was a police, and laughed with me as Matt went through half the larder. We think Amy is our favorite companion. I try no to bring up Captain Jack. GOd love him, but that tramp's persona is too much to explain to a 5 year old. the Captain flirts with boys too, yeah? (See "Bad Wolf.")

Mark Tiedemann

Postby Mark Tiedemann » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Rick Keeney wrote:Bean and I watched "The Eleventh Hour." He wondered why Amy was a police, and laughed with me as Matt went through half the larder. We think Amy is our favorite companion. I try no to bring up Captain Jack. GOd love him, but that tramp's persona is too much to explain to a 5 year old. the Captain flirts with boys too, yeah? (See "Bad Wolf.")

The Captain flirts with everything. In the spin-off, Torchwood, he's a very Out There Out.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:57 pm

B
"Bean"...?.... Ben, rather. And Dad all by hisownself, is watching TORCHWOOD.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Lots of "RUN!" and subsequent running on DW.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:59 pm

Tonight watching the crazy christmas tree episode.

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Ben: I know what he needs. He needs fish and custard.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Rick Keeney wrote:Tonight watching the crazy christmas tree episode.

Um.

Which one? There are several....

Rick Keeney

Postby Rick Keeney » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:55 pm

uh

the first full Tennant episode

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Rick Keeney wrote:uh

the first full Tennant episode

Sorry. I missed the word "tree". Rather important, that.

Return to “Pop Culture”