Shameless Self-Promotion (Theater Content)

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

Bob Homeyer

Shameless Self-Promotion (Theater Content)

Postby Bob Homeyer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Howdy.

For those of you webderlanders who are in or near NYC (I know there are a few of us), I am in a wonderful new three character play at Theater for the New City entitled "Rebecca Bonnie Bob" (three guesses who I play). The Theater is at 1st Ave. and 10th St. in the East Village, and we have 4 more performances...Monday 7/9, Wednesday 7/11, Thursday 7/12 and Friday 7/13, all at 8 pm.

Here's the link for more info: http://www.theaterforthenewcity.net/rebecca.htm

If you stop by, be sure to say "Hi" after the show. (I remember there was a discussion on the main board within the past year about whether or not theater was dead, and it ain't).

Thanks,

Bob (aka "Bob")

Site Admin

Re: Shameless Self-Promotion (Theater Content)

Postby Moderator » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Bob

Color me sufficiently impressed. If we were the neighborhood I'd certainly check in to see the show. Congratulations, and break any part if your anatomy you so choose. Love the New York -- wait, correct that, Village -- theater scene, so really, truly wish you ... Well, can't say t, but you know what I mean. The chick singer would be suitably impressed as well.

Collect a cold one at Arturo's afterward and shoot me an email for the tab. (One. Life ain't cheap these days!)

Let us know how it goes!
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Bob Homeyer

Postby Bob Homeyer » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks Steve! I will attempt to hoist a Hoegaarden at Arturo's this evening at precisely 11:30 pm EST, should you wish to have a virtual simultaneous toast.

The show is going well; great co-stars and great writing. I'm very pleased to be part of this company.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:46 am

I'm sure Cris's dream is to play at the Village Vanguard?

Bob, keep the footlights hoppin.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:45 pm

FrankChurch wrote:I'm sure Cris's dream is to play at the Village Vanguard?

Bob, keep the footlights hoppin.

Actually, no. Can't say we're fans of the Vanguard. A little imbroglio many years ago in which the manager made clear how much they value paying customers. (The philosophy seemed to be "the more the merrier, so you need to scrunch over so we can shove three more people in.")

Many other NY clubs she'd like to play.

Bob, I will indeed raise a pint at 11:30 eastern.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Return to “Pop Culture”