Apollo 18

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

David Loftus

Re: Apollo 18

Postby David Loftus » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

I saw a trailer for this four or five months ago -- I recognize some of the footage, though for some reason it seems like it had a different title then . . . I would have remembered "Apollo 18" because I grew up with the Apollo program. (On a good day I can name nearly every one of the 12 astronauts who walked on the moon.)

It's not in the trailer Chuck linked up at the top, but I seem to recall something in the old trailer I saw that was an elementary error of lunar science -- I think it was a reference to the astronauts rotating (on the moon's surface) out of radio contact with the earth, which of course is a physical impossibility -- so I was REALLY dubious about the movie. Let's hope that was just a temporary fuck-up in the trailer.

That's interesting. The IMDb listing for the film doesn't identify any of the cast.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

paul

Re: Apollo 18

Postby paul » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:06 pm

We'll see what we think soon enough. It hits the streets soon, I believe.
The medium is the message.

Return to “Pop Culture”