Season 32…or 6 and 7?

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

Alejandro Riera

Season 32…or 6 and 7?

Postby Alejandro Riera » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Interesting news on how the new series will be structured next year:

http://gallifreynewsbase.blogspot.com/2 ... n-two.html

Site Admin

Re: Season 32…or 6 and 7?

Postby Moderator » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Just read that on Airlock Alpha.

So...it's one season with two climaxes separated by a number of months of reruns.

Somebody ought to tell him that's the way the American networks usually broadcast.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:56 pm

SFX had a little info about this on their website.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/08/29/doctor- ... it-in-two/

I know its odd for us brits to have this mid story break for reasons that are never quite comprihensible. However, so long as its a good story there is no harm done. Plus there is a good point to this. I miss every couple of weeks show due to work. And I refuse to pay extra for one of those hard drive recorder thingys (Tight arsed Scotsman you see). So I will at least have a chace to catch up on missed shows on the BBC iPlayer on the internet. All good says I.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:50 am

Moffat plans to give viewers one of the most exciting Doctor Who cliffhangers and plot twists ever, leaving them waiting, on the edge of their seats, until the autumn to find out what happens.

Now that we know the Doctor can simply come back from the future and get himself out of spots, how can any cliffhanger be exciting?

adriane17

Postby adriane17 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Word has it that the season is being split as much to give Moffat the breathing space to make a second batch of Sherlock as anything else. I suspect the BBC will also be keen to see how the viewing figures for the two blocks compare. I wouldn't be surprised to see a return to an autumn/winter slot for the entire run in 2012. Doctor Who isn't a programme for summer evenings.

Return to “Pop Culture”