Sounds of Evil: the Metal Thread

For the discussion of Movies, Television, Comics, and other existential distractions.

Moderator: Moderator

cynic

Re: Sounds of Evil: the Metal Thread

Postby cynic » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:53 pm

intrigued by ez's link and following the " disident666" source:
"Pelican , Last Day Of Winter "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRPyhQQm ... ideo_title
follow your bliss,mike

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Yea, mention the worst song on there, ya putz.

Best riff, solo and chorus by far ya poseur!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:36 pm

You know my love affair with metal ballads.

Tonight, You Can't Kill Rock and Roll, SADO, Little Dolls, Diary, all better.

Satan is a gum chewing teen.

Rock did stop hitting the charts lately, which is a worry.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:15 am

All less memorable. Forgot all about them 'till you mentioned them. But "Over the Mountain"? Majestic!

Real rock hasn't been on the charts for decades. I stopped caring in '92. Pop music today is all written in the boardroom with computers, all beeps and bops and blips. In the sixties, even bubblegum bands had to play an instrument (or look like they were playing an instrument). Now its out of style. Adorno was right.

Anthony Ravenscroft

Postby Anthony Ravenscroft » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 pm

I watched the "Oxegen 2010" festival on cable. Supposedly "around 150 acts," but most of those chosen for the TV were a bunch of whiny wankers -- the ancient Fatboy Slim kicked their asses with a freakin' laptop. Wish they'd at least showed Earth Wind & Fire or Echo & the Bunnymen, but at least they spared me from YET ANOTHER FREAKIN' Black Eyed Peas glop-fest...

The audience seemed to be ecstatic at... well, everything. Either the brown acid should be outlawed or I should have it handy so I can figure out why the hell the audience didn't storm the stage & string at least one early act up as a warning. If Florence & the Machine were to march single-file off a high bridge, I would devoutly worship whichever god made the call.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon May 16, 2011 12:40 pm

How ironic is it that a member of Slayer gets a flesh eating bacteria on his arm?

They had weird things happen during the making of Iron Maiden's the Number of the Beast, people died during the making of Poltergeist, the Exorcist. Can you atheists explain this? Dark forces may be out there.

cynic

Postby cynic » Mon May 16, 2011 9:18 pm

uh..yeah..people die..shit happens.
if anyone died while they were making "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"; what do you think that would mean? :shock: :lol:
follow your bliss,mike

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 pm

cynic wrote:uh..yeah..people die..shit happens.
if anyone died while they were making "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"; what do you think that would mean? :shock: :lol:

There is such a thing as hovering so much in the corners -- awaiting any opportunity to pounce -- that you miss the perfectly reasonable thought and attack it as anything but.

Even when there's no cause or provocation.

Quickly turns tables.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

cynic

Postby cynic » Mon May 16, 2011 11:05 pm

steve,
frank believes in neither heaven or hell, and insists on an appreciation for the scientific method.
while a statistical analysis of deaths on set or in production of varied genre of movies would have been best to investgate the potential signifigance of what preponderance might , or likely does not exist;
my failure to continue to treat frank with much more respect than he has ever treated me, or spend the time to find those stats. is in evidence.

although i imagine other "signifigance" can be assigned (people often try), and is implied in the post (Dark forces ); he asked for an atheist explanation.
i offered random chance as explanation. "shit happens", there need be no reason other than medical reasons or accident.

do you fail to note, that by the "CCBB" example , as i assumed frank would have noted, that the type of film being made, offers little or no "signifigance" to a death? or even that someone looking for pissed of ghosts woud have no interest looking there?

would a death during the taping of "Nova" attract attention to causes supernatural ?

"opportunity to pounce -- and attack "
What in my reply appeared to you as an attack ?

"Quickly turns tables." i'm not sure i understand steve;
are you doing this for frank or for yourself?
this wouldn't be an "opportunity to pounce -- and attack " ?
do you need me to go back and record all the insults and nasty crap frank has leveled at me without provocation?
do you think frank needs your help?
frank reads Skeptic! he probably already knows this shit!

"you miss the perfectly reasonable thought "
the only other reasonable thought that occurs to me is related to self fulfilling prophecy.
people can be so intent on not steping on a crack, or avoiding a black cat; that they walk in front of a bus.

what "perfectly reasonable thought " did you have in mind?
follow your bliss,mike

cynic

Postby cynic » Tue May 17, 2011 12:17 am

but i needn't be so short.:oops:

frank;
clarify if you will; what do you believe the "dark forces" might be?
do you have a theistic explanation ?
follow your bliss,mike

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue May 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Mike, I've been pretty nice to you, unlike your jibes, calling me 'lil buddy,' obviously downing my intellect or penis size.

I was making a point that bad things happen during weird events. I have no recollection of bad things going on after some romantic comedy.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Tue May 17, 2011 7:27 pm

FrankChurch wrote:How ironic is it that a member of Slayer gets a flesh eating bacteria on his arm?

They had weird things happen during the making of Iron Maiden's the Number of the Beast, people died during the making of Poltergeist, the Exorcist. Can you atheists explain this? Dark forces may be out there.

Lawrence Welk was a Satanist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0FLYMQO ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UV3kRV46Zs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4327HSXY56k
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

cynic

Postby cynic » Tue May 17, 2011 11:26 pm

FrankChurch wrote: Mike, I've been pretty nice to you, unlike your jibes, calling me 'lil buddy,' obviously downing my intellect or penis size.
frank
bull; you initiated lame, childish insults from the very start.
you've pretended you can't take it, whined about it, just stop dishing it out.
FrankChurch wrote: I was making a point that bad things happen during weird events.
oh, "the point" :lol: goody!
something about "dark forces" ? :shock: tell us all about them frank.
FrankChurch wrote: I have no recollection of bad things going on after some romantic comedy.

i have no confidence in your memory, and little more in your powers of observation reguarding romantic comedys...or anything else.
follow your bliss,mike

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue May 17, 2011 11:34 pm

If I may politely suggest that this thread isn't the place for your feud with Frank, Mike.

And yes, I'm doing this in my official capacity. Still the Mod...
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Return to “Pop Culture”