Wyatt, update the site

Suggestions for and discussions of the website and forums.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Wyatt, update the site

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:51 pm

You need to put some old Ellison interviews in the Webderjungle. I missed a lot of that stuff.

Alex Jay Berman

Postby Alex Jay Berman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:48 am

As the site costs me nothing--and as one can view the posts by Harlan on the Pavilion as a series of mini-interviews, I have no complaints.

And Frank--you're in another person's (virtual) living room. Would it kill you to address him courteously, by his given name?

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:05 am

You say something Berman? Lol.

Rick, I love youuuuuuuu.

KristinRuhle

well...I"M NOT UNGRATEFUL

Postby KristinRuhle » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:07 am

Thank you verry verry much Rick for all you've done (although when HE posts to his own messageboard you know you have seen EVERYTHING.) Well thanks for all the typewritten things you've relayed over the years and such.

Other than the messageboards and list of currently available audiotapes/books, most of what is on this site is 5+ years old! (BTW, herc sold out of Essential Ellison....oh, and that book had one of the wacky biographies on the dust jacket too. my 35-year one did anyway but i can't dig it out of the storage locker right now) Agh, why do mainstream publishers like Houghton Mifflin have *no* sense of humor??? Limited and small press stuff is cooler, but often expensive and harder to find!)

somebody should get Dragoncon 2004 pics in the photo gallery and send rick updates for other things (eg appearances, new books) if you want to know which book is next the Isles of Langerhans site is more up to date but the links from here do not work; do a Google search. (There's some weird *disease* or other named after Langerhans (sp?) Google's first hit was from some online medical journal. Weird.)

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:48 pm

>(There's some weird *disease* or other named after Langerhans (sp?) Google's first hit was from some online medical journal. Weird.) <

Actually, the disease, the reference in Ellison's story title, AND the cells in the pancreas -- not to mention a separate set of dendritic cells in the skin -- are all named after a German pathological anatomist, Paul Langerhans (1847-1888; hmmm . . . poor schmuck died of tuberculosis and kidney disease at the age of 41 . . . on the other hand, he did have cells in the pancreas named after him, and he discovered them at the ripe old age of 22. . . . )
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

KristinRuhle

Postby KristinRuhle » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:26 am

doing a New York Times Sunday crossword I found "Islets of Langerhans locale" as a clue and yep, the answer was "PANCREAS" - got it!!!

Nancy957

Uncalled for

Postby Nancy957 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:36 am

FrankChurch wrote:You say something Berman? Lol.

Listen that is really uncalled for take a chill pill man.

rich

Postby rich » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:21 am

Nancy,
You really should start checking the dates on these threads. Frank's comments were written almost two years ago.

Besides, Frank has neither a chill pill to take, nor does he listen too well.

Return to “Suggestions”