Pavilion Digest: August 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Brian Phillips

Congrats, Rick, prayer for shagin

Postby Brian Phillips » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 am

Name: Brian Phillips
Source: unca20091007.htm
Way to go, Rick! I am glad you succeeded.

I have some of the biggest respect and affection for shagin, especially considering that we have never met, only corresponded. Here is my sincere hope that you get the position. I happily remain in your corner, holding the sponge, ready with the Q-Tips. Go get 'em, slugger!

Brian Phillips

P.S: I tried to look for Hardin,but I looked for an artist named Tim Hardin, that wasn't a deceased singer. I did find a Tim HardEn, but he is in Minnesota. I must have missed the initial mention of Jeff Hardin's name. Should anyone inquire, no Blue Monkeys were mistreated after their percieved failure. My monkeys are now back, happily working on their version of Hamlet.

Brian Phillips

Congrats, Rick, prayer for shagin

Postby Brian Phillips » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:19 am

Name: Brian Phillips
Source: unca20091009.htm
Way to go, Rick! I am glad you succeeded.

I have some of the biggest respect and affection for shagin, especially considering that we have never met, only corresponded. Here is my sincere hope that you get the position. I happily remain in your corner, holding the sponge, ready with the Q-Tips. Go get 'em, slugger!

Brian Phillips

P.S: I tried to look for Hardin,but I looked for an artist named Tim Hardin, that wasn't a deceased singer. I did find a Tim HardEn, but he is in Minnesota. I must have missed the initial mention of Jeff Hardin's name. Should anyone inquire, no Blue Monkeys were mistreated after their percieved failure. My monkeys are now back, happily working on their version of Hamlet.

Mary

Postby Mary » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:41 am

Name: Mary
I am shaking my pom poms for you shagin...I send you goodwill, attagirl, happy vibes and lets hope they hire you!

If I may add my own opinion about the "Hostel" franchise...those movies were completely, totally unecessary. I have heard that Eli Roth was trying to make a statement about how one needs to be careful in other countries, but I think he could have done it another way. I would prefer "Inglorious Basterds" to the "Hostel" series any day, and I feel an essay in the other forum coming on...

For Harlan: May you kick butt in court, sir. I will keep my own eyes open for stuff with "City on the Edge of Forever" stuff...

Mary

Postby Mary » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:41 am

Name: Mary
I am shaking my pom poms for you shagin...I send you goodwill, attagirl, happy vibes and lets hope they hire you!

If I may add my own opinion about the "Hostel" franchise...those movies were completely, totally unecessary. I have heard that Eli Roth was trying to make a statement about how one needs to be careful in other countries, but I think he could have done it another way. I would prefer "Inglorious Basterds" to the "Hostel" series any day, and I feel an essay in the other forum coming on...

For Harlan: May you kick butt in court, sir. I will keep my own eyes open for stuff with "City on the Edge of Forever" stuff...

Susan Ellison

DREAMS WITH SHARP TEETH POSTER

Postby Susan Ellison » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:58 am

Name: SUSAN ELLISON
Dear Steve:

As promised:

We have a limited supply of the poster. 18" X 24".

$15.00 plus $5.00 S/H. CA tax if required.

HE will sign/personalize if you wish.

Checks payable to: THE KILIMANJARO CORPORATION. Post Office Box 55548, Sherman Oaks, CA 91413.

There is no obligation.

With all kindness--Susan

Susan Ellison

DREAMS WITH SHARP TEETH POSTER

Postby Susan Ellison » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:58 am

Name: SUSAN ELLISON
Dear Steve:

As promised:

We have a limited supply of the poster. 18" X 24".

$15.00 plus $5.00 S/H. CA tax if required.

HE will sign/personalize if you wish.

Checks payable to: THE KILIMANJARO CORPORATION. Post Office Box 55548, Sherman Oaks, CA 91413.

There is no obligation.

With all kindness--Susan

Charlie

Poster

Postby Charlie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am

Name: Charlie
Susan, I'll reserve a poster if you have an extra one after Steve's.

P.S., Has Harlan contributed a new story to the Phantom Chronicles, Vol.2?

Charlie

Poster

Postby Charlie » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 am

Name: Charlie
Susan, I'll reserve a poster if you have an extra one after Steve's.

P.S., Has Harlan contributed a new story to the Phantom Chronicles, Vol.2?

Site Admin

AAaaaaannnd.....

Postby Moderator » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 am

Name: Steve Barber
If there's a third available poster, Susan -- might I reserve?

Site Admin

AAaaaaannnd.....

Postby Moderator » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 am

Name: Steve Barber
If there's a third available poster, Susan -- might I reserve?

Louis Valenti

DWST Poster

Postby Louis Valenti » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 am

Name: Louis Valenti
Susan,

Received my PALADIN OF THE LOST HOUR CD yesterday -- thanks as always for your quick attention.

Also, please add me to the list of people who would love a DWST poster if you have more available.

Thanks again,

Louis

Louis Valenti

DWST Poster

Postby Louis Valenti » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:19 am

Name: Louis Valenti
Susan,

Received my PALADIN OF THE LOST HOUR CD yesterday -- thanks as always for your quick attention.

Also, please add me to the list of people who would love a DWST poster if you have more available.

Thanks again,

Louis

Jim Thomas

Postby Jim Thomas » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 am

Name: Jim Thomas
SUSAN--

Please put me down for a personalized poster as well (if supplies permit). I'll get the check in the mail this Friday (payday).

Jim Thomas

Postby Jim Thomas » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 am

Name: Jim Thomas
SUSAN--

Please put me down for a personalized poster as well (if supplies permit). I'll get the check in the mail this Friday (payday).

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:19 am

Name: Frank Church
Go to the forums. In my Frank Church's Pop Culture Minture forum, I will describe the disgusting first big grossout scene in Hostel 2. I will do it there as a warning, so no virgin eyes will be forced to be confronted by it.

The sad part is that Eli Roth does have some directing skills. Too bad he wastes them.

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”