Pavilion Digest: July 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Name: diane bartels
Source: unca20091007.htm
Wow. And double wow. Happy birthday,Steve. Hi, Cindy,Shagin,Alan,Frank,Jan,Barney,Steve, and all my fellow Ellison loving,shameless bootlicking toadies. Hi, Harlan and Susan and Rick. One of my new goals in life is to never write a post here that Rick has to delete. Cause who needs the trauma? I Have enuff trauma. Be well all.
Diane

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Name: diane bartels
Source: unca20091009.htm
Wow. And double wow. Happy birthday,Steve. Hi, Cindy,Shagin,Alan,Frank,Jan,Barney,Steve, and all my fellow Ellison loving,shameless bootlicking toadies. Hi, Harlan and Susan and Rick. One of my new goals in life is to never write a post here that Rick has to delete. Cause who needs the trauma? I Have enuff trauma. Be well all.
Diane

Clifford Meth

Harlan vs. Frank Sinatra

Postby Clifford Meth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

Name: Clifford Meth
You may have seen this before, but if you haven't, Gay Talese recalls HE vs Sinatra http://www.thecliffordmethod.blogspot.com/

In other news, I am putting the finishing touches on THE INVINCIBLE GENE COLAN, which Marvel will be publishing in 2010. HE contributed.

Clifford Meth

Harlan vs. Frank Sinatra

Postby Clifford Meth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:26 pm

You may have seen this before, but if you haven't, Gay Talese recalls HE vs Sinatra http://www.thecliffordmethod.blogspot.com/

In other news, I am putting the finishing touches on THE INVINCIBLE GENE COLAN, which Marvel will be publishing in 2010. HE contributed.

Clifford Meth

Cash for Clunkers

Postby Clifford Meth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Obama's Cash-for-Clunkers Program just went bust - http://clunkersandjunkers.blogspot.com/

Clifford Meth

Cash for Clunkers

Postby Clifford Meth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Obama's Cash-for-Clunkers Program just went bust - http://clunkersandjunkers.blogspot.com/

J. Herzog

Yet another Dreams With Sharp Teeth Review

Postby J. Herzog » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Name: J. Herzog
I did this for the local alt-weekly here in Humboldt...

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/issues ... p-teethem/

Cheers,

J.

J. Herzog

Yet another Dreams With Sharp Teeth Review

Postby J. Herzog » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Name: J. Herzog
I did this for the local alt-weekly here in Humboldt...

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/issues ... p-teethem/

Cheers,

J.

Gwyneth

Cross posting a message from Barack Obama

Postby Gwyneth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Name: Gwyneth
The White House, Washington

Dear Friend,

If youre like most Americans, theres nothing more important to you about health care than peace of mind.

Given the status quo, thats understandable. The current system often denies insurance due to pre-existing conditions, charges steep out-of-pocket fees and sometimes isnt there at all if you become seriously ill.

Its time to fix our unsustainable insurance system and create a new foundation for health care security. That means guaranteeing your health care security and stability with eight basic consumer protections:

* No discrimination for pre-existing conditions
* No exorbitant out-of-pocket expenses, deductibles or co-pays
* No cost-sharing for preventive care
* No dropping of coverage if you become seriously ill
* No gender discrimination
* No annual or lifetime caps on coverage
* Extended coverage for young adults
* Guaranteed insurance renewal so long as premiums are paid

Learn more about these consumer protections at Whitehouse.gov.

Over the next month there is going to be an avalanche of misinformation and scare tactics from those seeking to perpetuate the status quo. But we know the cost of doing nothing is too high. Health care costs will double over the next decade, millions more will become uninsured, and state and local governments will go bankrupt.

Its time to act and reform health insurance, drive down costs and guarantee the health care security and stability of every American family. You can help by putting these core principles of reform in the hands of your friends, your family, and the rest of your social network.

Thank you,
Barack Obama

Gwyneth

Cross posting a message from Barack Obama

Postby Gwyneth » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Name: Gwyneth
The White House, Washington

Dear Friend,

If youre like most Americans, theres nothing more important to you about health care than peace of mind.

Given the status quo, thats understandable. The current system often denies insurance due to pre-existing conditions, charges steep out-of-pocket fees and sometimes isnt there at all if you become seriously ill.

Its time to fix our unsustainable insurance system and create a new foundation for health care security. That means guaranteeing your health care security and stability with eight basic consumer protections:

* No discrimination for pre-existing conditions
* No exorbitant out-of-pocket expenses, deductibles or co-pays
* No cost-sharing for preventive care
* No dropping of coverage if you become seriously ill
* No gender discrimination
* No annual or lifetime caps on coverage
* Extended coverage for young adults
* Guaranteed insurance renewal so long as premiums are paid

Learn more about these consumer protections at Whitehouse.gov.

Over the next month there is going to be an avalanche of misinformation and scare tactics from those seeking to perpetuate the status quo. But we know the cost of doing nothing is too high. Health care costs will double over the next decade, millions more will become uninsured, and state and local governments will go bankrupt.

Its time to act and reform health insurance, drive down costs and guarantee the health care security and stability of every American family. You can help by putting these core principles of reform in the hands of your friends, your family, and the rest of your social network.

Thank you,
Barack Obama

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 am

Name: Rick Wyatt
Had to prune the Pavilion a bit this morning. I want to remind the folks here that the posted rules here include a long-standing rule against physical threats or invasion of people's privacy. And again, if someone is violating the rules, please just simply contact me.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:32 am

Name: Rick Wyatt
Had to prune the Pavilion a bit this morning. I want to remind the folks here that the posted rules here include a long-standing rule against physical threats or invasion of people's privacy. And again, if someone is violating the rules, please just simply contact me.

Ray Carlson

Obamacare

Postby Ray Carlson » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 am

Name: Ray Carlson
Let's grant "Big Brother" access to every nook-and-cranny of our most personal selves. Let's have the equivalent of a DMV clerk making judgments on what treatments we are or are not "allowed" to receive. Let's have rationing and months-long waiting lists to receive treatment. Unless of course you die before then, but what-the-hey one less Social Security recipient. Socialized health- care has a history of failure. It has worked nowhere and it won't work here. Americans are all about freedom of choice not dictates from on-high.

Ray Carlson

Obamacare

Postby Ray Carlson » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 am

Name: Ray Carlson
Let's grant "Big Brother" access to every nook-and-cranny of our most personal selves. Let's have the equivalent of a DMV clerk making judgments on what treatments we are or are not "allowed" to receive. Let's have rationing and months-long waiting lists to receive treatment. Unless of course you die before then, but what-the-hey one less Social Security recipient. Socialized health- care has a history of failure. It has worked nowhere and it won't work here. Americans are all about freedom of choice not dictates from on-high.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:57 am

Name: Alan Coil
Ray Carlson,

Your comment is wrong is so many ways. I'm sorry you have bought into the propaganda against fixing the health care system.

I'm sure if you want to have further discussion about the health care reform plan that the discussion can flourish over at the Forums.

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”