Pavilion Digest: April 2009

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Josh Olson

Postby Josh Olson » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:05 am

Name: Josh Olson
Source: unca20090603.htm
Shagin,

Could be worse. You could have bought tickets to see the talentless Cook and found yourself surrounded by thousands of his brain damaged frat boy zombie fans. Calling Dane Cook a bad comedian is an insult to Larry The Cable Guy. Cook's all marketing and image. He's also a pretty heinous joke thief. He's taken some great Louis CK material and managed to make it unfunny, which is a pretty fair trick. At least when Dennis Leary was making a career by stealing from Bill Hicks he kept it mildly amusing.

Alisha Autumn

Demorat

Postby Alisha Autumn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:04 am

Name: Alisha Autumn
Hi Harlan,
I contacted Chuck Demorat though Facebook, shared your message with him and invited him over to the pavilion to get in touch with you. Hope this helps.

Hi Susan,
Thank you for your hard work on the latest (excellent) Rabit Hole, which arrived here in the "real" great white north (it was snowing this morning in Edmonton) some time ago. I have mailed in my membership renewal along with an order for some books and recordings.

I wish I could have been there for the fun and excitement on Thursday, but alas, it was not to be.

Kind regards to you both,
~Alisha

Site Admin

PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES

Postby Moderator » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:25 am

Name: Steve Barber
I ought to be in the desert taking loads of photos -- somewhere out near the aptly named Devil's Playground dry lake bed -- but after three nights of four hours sleep I turned off my 3am alarm and decided to go tomorrow morning.

Which gave me a free Saturday morning to edit and post 20 some-odd pictures of the DREAMS WITH SHARP TEETH screening last Thursday. Hope you all enjoy!

www.barbergallery.net -- click on the FoE Gallery link on the lower left side (there's no direct link).

Sara Slaymaker

Postby Sara Slaymaker » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:19 am

Name: Sara Slaymaker
I am prostrate, kicking my widdle feet, banging my widdle hands and WWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!ing 'cause I didn't get to go to the New Beverly on Thursday night. Stupid economic depression. I so wanted to be there, just couldn't justify the bucks for the plane ticket and hotel.

Is there going to be another evening? Maybe by then I can swing it. Good lord willin' and the cricks don't rise.

Going back a few days: I think I may have those of you who copped to being conservative Republicans beat. I may just be the only one on here who is a - ready for it? - Liberal Republican.

Can there be such a thing, in this day and age, you ask? As that famous lethal Bantam-weight Rookie Carroca said, "You're looking at him (sic)".

Never could stand either William Fuh-Buckley or Chris, though.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 am

Name: Frank Church
Barber, there's a picture of Harlan signing books, the one that says, "Warner or Werner," and--I am not making this up, just look--Harlan looks a lot like William Shatner!

You are some photog, there, Barber.

-------------

Harlan, you should have sued Cameron. That's just me.

----------

Inglorious Bastards, great, another bloody drenched Tarantino film. I smell a theme here.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:23 am

Name: Alan Coil
I am a conservative liberal.

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

SEMI- AND THE SEA OF GREEN

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Name: HARLAN ELLISON
Dear Semi-Writer, said Harlan, hold up there a second. Don't book just yet. See next entry by

Yr. Pal, Harlan

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:09 pm

Brother & Sister Webderfolk:

Please pause a moment with all our chatty pleasantries, and for a brief moment check out the next short message by

Yr. Pal, Harlan

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:26 pm

I ASK OF YOU...

We are definitely not the Midnight Mission, nor are any of us so well-off in these prickly times that we can turn down an honest dollar...

But, for ten or so years, at this location, we have helped one another out now and then. We do not give hand-outs, we ain't a bleeding heart charitable service, but when I was suing AOL for abetting e.piracy, many of you loaned me money. I paid all of that back, save for those of you who felt you didn't need a sawbuck returned and comp'd me graciously. We're trying to help restore Len Wein's collection after the fire, and Len doesn't even hang out here. One or another of you have dashed to the aid of a Webderlander for some small this'r'that over time. But mostly, we don't get involved in other people's travails...

Because we've each got our own.

And yet, if we're going to pay obeisance to this "family" trope that's so often bandied here, if we're going to jerk-off to the "family" identity, then it cannot but be an act of encumbrement to give Semi-Writer a hand.

Twenty-five hundred bucks is no bagatelle, and none of us, not one of us, has the bottomless pocket to do it all. But we may have a fiver, a ten-spot, a few more maybe, THAT PUT BTOGETHER can drag her out of the quicksand. This is not a hand-out, it's not begging (she ain't asking, she never said a word, this is MY response to her predicament), and nothing to be fretted about. I suggest anyone who feels this is a nasty place between a rock and a HardCalifRegistryPlace throw a little cash into an envelope, and send it to whatever address Semi- will soon provide us.

I say "soon," because she has no idea I'm posting this; and after we've gotten past the useless "I'm flabbergasted" and "Oh. no, I couldn't THINK of taking..." horse-shit, she will just pop in, say very quietly, thank you all, and give us a quick, workable address to which a quick, workable envelope such as mine with a fifty in it, because that's what I can give without feeling it, can be posted today.

No one is required. No list is being compiled. Each of us will do what we can do, without feeling it. You'd help a friend at a restaurant, to make the check if they ran short, wouldn't you? Well, welcome to The Webder Diner.

No more will be said about this. Please.

Yr. Pal, Harlan

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:30 pm

Oh...

I know there are some of you out there who have seen me work the old "Sea of Green" grift at a few of my lectures. Just for fun. This is the "Sea of Green," folks, but I ain't funning this time.

Yr. Pal, a friend of God, with whom I have a personal relationship, Rev. JerryDob OralBob Ellison

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:31 pm

May I kindly have a HALLELUJAH!

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:31 pm