Pavilion Digest: May 2006

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Chris

Postby Chris » Sat May 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Name: Chris
Source: unca20060606.htm
Steve - Book lice are psocids (psocoptera) they like humidity. You can use a pyrethrum spray around your book shelves to try to get rid of them. The best way to prevent them from coming back is to keep the humidity down in your house the best you can and let in plenty of light. Book lice really like the damp and the dark.
Sorry about the loss of your books.

Shelly

Postby Shelly » Sat May 27, 2006 5:27 pm

Name: Shelly
Dear Harlan,

Happy birthday :)

Please stay around a very, very long time.

Warmly,

Shelly

Kevin Avery

For the Nth Time Today

Postby Kevin Avery » Sat May 27, 2006 5:47 pm

Name: Kevin Avery
Happy birthday, Harlan! I wish there were some way that I could present you with a gift that in some small way returned all the pleasure your work has given me over the years (to say nothing of the inspiration you've provided).

Hope you had a great day!

-- Kevin

Harlan Ellison
Harlan Fucking Ellison

Postby Harlan Ellison » Sat May 27, 2006 6:02 pm

Name: HARLAN ELLISON
It's an hour and a half later. It was Len Wein and Chris Valada and Chris's son, Michael. They brought a birthday cake, which I need like an extra set of elbows. But, it's the thought, la dee dah dee doop doop doop.

So now I go back and look at the rest of "Sebastion" 's queries; and I'm bored with 'em, so that's that, buckos.

Happy birthday to you all.

Yr. pal, Harlan

(Who REALLY doesn't give a shit about Brad & Angelina's newly-spawned homunculus. Remember when CBS dispensed N.E.W.S.?)

Anthony Tollin

Birthday wishes

Postby Anthony Tollin » Sat May 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Name: Anthony Tollin
Happy 72nd birthday, Harlan. I hope you have many more, and also many more years of productive creativity.

I was staying at Walter Gibson's house the weekend of his 80th birthday, back in 1977. The morning of his birthday, he complained to me that he was slowing down and was only able to write five new books a year. For Walter, who had written 24 SHADOW novels annually in earlier times, that was old age. Every three weeks or so, he'd take the train into Manhattan to visit Simon and Schuster, Bantam, Grosset & Dunlap and whatever other publishers he had ongoing book contracts with.

Wishing one of my all-time favorite writers many more productive years, and much more of the brilliant work that has inspired your many fans for decades.

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Sat May 27, 2006 6:24 pm

Name: Cindy
Happy Birthday, pal o' mine.
;)
Cindy

Chris Seggerman

Postby Chris Seggerman » Sat May 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Name: Chris Seggerman
Happy Birthday Harlan!

This made me dig up my copy of "Driving in the Spikes" so I could look up the nine traits of the cantankerous survivors. You know, by continually taking responsibility for your own actions, you're blowing off traits eight and nine? "A tendency to blame others" and "a resistance to blaming themselves"? What are you thinking, man?

It sounds like you're having a good birthday already, so I'll add my voice to the chorus and wish you many more.

Chris Seggerman

Ryan Leasher

Copyright attorney?

Postby Ryan Leasher » Sat May 27, 2006 7:22 pm

Name: Ryan Leasher
HARLAN-

I'm helping an artist's estate that has just encountered a copyright infringement. For some crazy reason or another, I thought that you might know a good copyright attorney.

Is there anyone you can suggest?

Thanks.

--
Ryan Leasher

Robert Morales

How Evil Are You?

Postby Robert Morales » Sat May 27, 2006 8:04 pm

Name: Robert Morales
http://blogthings.com/howevilareyouquiz/

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Sat May 27, 2006 8:11 pm

Name: FinderDoug
Happy Birthday, Harlan!

Mark Ford

Happy Birthday Wishes!

Postby Mark Ford » Sat May 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Name: Mark Ford
Mr. Ellison,
I have been a fan since my 3rd wife took me to one of your lectures in San Francisco more years ago than I care to admit. I'd like to wish you a VERY happy birthday and to thank you for your wonderful entertainments and incisive commentary. You make people laugh, cry and think, usually in the same sentence. May you have health, happiness, peace and joy. Failing that, go out and get a REALLY good hot dog.

KristinRuhle

With five...no....four minutes to spare

Postby KristinRuhle » Sat May 27, 2006 9:57 pm

Name: Kristin A Ruhle
Happy Birthday Harlan!!

Well when you read this it'll be tomorrow anyway,so happy birthday a day late. Sorry - been busy...

Andrew Laubacher

Alex Toth has passed away

Postby Andrew Laubacher » Sun May 28, 2006 2:48 am

Name: Andrew Laubacher
Mr. Ellison, I'm not sure how well acquainted you have been with Alex Toth (comics creator and character designer for Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, and many others; for those not in the know), but Johah Weiland at Comic Book Resources is reporting that he died Saturday morning at the age of 78.

Here is a link to the story: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... gi?id=7425

Rowdy Ruddy Treehorn

Postby Rowdy Ruddy Treehorn » Sun May 28, 2006 5:06 am

Name: Rowdy Ruddy Treehorn
Oh, mares eat oats
And does eat oats
And little lambs eat Ivy
Happy Birthday, Harlan Ellison, for you.
Happy Birthday, Harlan Ellison, for you.

Ben

The Age of the Ticktockman is upon us...

Postby Ben » Sun May 28, 2006 6:19 am

Name: Ben Winfield
...or a reasonably close facsimile, anyway.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060528/ap_ ... ent_nation

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”