Pavilion Digest: May 2006

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

Ash

I give a spark

Postby Ash » Tue May 02, 2006 1:25 am

Name: Ash
Source: unca20060606.htm
Harlan: Sounds like you had a fun and productive day. I remember having one of those. Days like that ... nothing beats 'em. Seeing one of my favourite writers still getting a buzz out of his work (when he could have simply mothballed the Olympia decades ago) ... well ... it made this anonymous coward smile.

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Tue May 02, 2006 3:59 am

Name: Eric Martin
>As far as I know, it is not against the law to annoy the living shit out of someone. And hey - I'd do it for you, if it were YOUR mom...<

You're an asshole. And anyone who honors this crummy request is an asshole too. How about them apples?

Rudiger Treehorn
Banned

Logjammin'

Postby Rudiger Treehorn » Tue May 02, 2006 4:35 am

Name: Rudiger Treehorn
Whew. That post about phoning someone to harass him that provides the phone number gets my nomination for 'Stupidest Webderland Post Ever.' I'm pretty sure phone harassment is a crime, too, Doc, you churlish, bottom-feeding platypus-fucker.

Love, Rudiger

Keeney

Ricky don't lose that number

Postby Keeney » Tue May 02, 2006 5:01 am

Name: Keeney
Doc, that smell in the air is the odor of backfire. Good luck with that.

But I know in my heart of hearts that Rude Rudiger and Eric the Red have that number wired into their speed-dial even as we speak.

Duane, that Johnny Cash starement was high praise in my book. The man in black had as much influence on my young imagination as did Harlan. Or as Harlan did. Did Harlan? Yes, he did.

And what is a "starement?" I do not know.

Hi Cindy. How the hell are you and Texas? You need to come on back up in here.

Still looking for the sweetness,
Rick

Anonymous Coward

Postby Anonymous Coward » Tue May 02, 2006 5:05 am

Name: Anonymous Coward
Barney: You COULD find a way to post on the other board. Make a new account, something. No, but wait, then you'd have to keep your personal vendettas out of Harlan's face and not slam Eric Martin in a public forum. That would be no fun, eh? You don't REALLY want him to leave you alone. You just want to take your shots in the most effective, open way.

If you don't see the difference between what Kristin is doing with Eric and whatever is going on between you and Eric on the Forum, well then you're either disingenuous or just dumb. I'm not going to lay a wager on which it is, either.

Anonymous Coward

Jim Davis

Postby Jim Davis » Tue May 02, 2006 6:21 am

Name: Jim Davis
"As far as I know, it is not against the law to annoy the living shit out of someone."

Wrong. Under Texas Penal Code Sec. 42.07., repeatedly calling someone with the intent to harass is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by fines of up to $2,000 and jail time of up to 180 days. (Don't believe me? Go to http://www.bakers-legal-pages.com/pc/4207.htm and http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes ... 012.00.htm, if you don't.)

Not that I want to introduce anything remotely like reality into this whack-job fantasy, no siree . . .

Doc

Postby Doc » Tue May 02, 2006 6:30 am

Name: Doc
Eric Martin - you don't know me, I suspect you barely know OF me. You certainly don't know the situation. And as Harlan has observed, everyone is an asshole in their own way. I can live with it, if you can't. If you don't want to help, then don't. For those who do, you have my thanks.

Cheers,
Doc

Jim Davis

Postby Jim Davis » Tue May 02, 2006 6:35 am

Name: Jim Davis
And phone harassment is a federal crime, too, according to US Code Title 47, Section 223: http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html ... -000-.html

DVG

Postby DVG » Tue May 02, 2006 6:53 am

Name: DVG
Not only is phone harassment a crime, group harassment is, I believe, criminal conspiracy.

That said, what on earth do you expect us threaten the target with? "Move out or I'll rent a car, drive X miles to your place and hit you over the head with a bottle of decent affordable merlot?"

Joe L

Postby Joe L » Tue May 02, 2006 6:59 am

Name: Joe L
Doc,
Assuming your telling the truth and not just trying to get some guy harassed for your own vile reasons,had you much earlier tried the legal route, gotten an attorney and a court order you could of had this cad thrown out on his ass ages ago! The mills of the gods grinds slowly yet exceedingly fine. And its still ONE POST PER DAY!

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue May 02, 2006 7:10 am

Name: Steve Barber

Doc -
Not to pile on, but I have to agree with my compatriots that this is a singularly bad idea. Asking for complete strangers to assist in this sort of thing opens you up for what could be a significant legal problem -- especially since you've given enough information that any normally resourceful person could ferret out your identity (I'm pretty sure your not-so-much-friend in TX would be more than happy to assist, f'r instance).

And, while others are quoting laws and regulations, I'll leave it that I am extremely familiar with telecommunications law, working as I do in the Government/Education sector of a very large communications company (a name that starts with "V").

Word to the wise, mes ami, call this off before it gets you into a world of hot water. No problem with trying to straighten this person out, but this is the wrong methodology if he decides he wants revenge.

Steve B

Iain Cullen

Postby Iain Cullen » Tue May 02, 2006 7:44 am

Name: Iain Cullen
Are all americans as rude and abusive as this forum would suggest?
Now I like a rant as fmuch as the next chap but I have never been in the presence of so much negativity.
This is my first posting, and I have just read the rules - they appear to have been thrown out the window with a stick of dynamite attached.
I thought the purpose of this forum was general banter on Harlan Ellison - by the way Harlan I'm a huge fan, wish I'd met you when you were in my home town. But didn't realise you were visiting until after you'd left.( Not sure, but I think it was when you met Susan).
Well I've had my tuppance worth so I let you all get back to your loving family chats.

Cheers. Iain.

admin
Site Admin

Thanks for that, Doc.

Postby admin » Tue May 02, 2006 9:09 am

Name: Rick Wyatt
I should have KNOWN when I asked that people play nice while I was on vacation that someone would fuck it up. Nothing I love more than having to waste a morning trying to get FTP working through a hotel firewall and correcting someone posting personal information on my site with a request for harassment.

That shit is illegal, Doc, as well you know, and you have no business involving me or my site in it. I could be exposed to no end of personal troubles by hosting that post on my site. You have no right to involve me in your personal vendettas, however justified they may be. I hope you recognize this and will take your OWN vacation from here for a little bit.

I don't care to receive any more e-mails from anyone involved with this. If I *do* get any more, or more people feel obliged to break the rules here including double posting, I may just shut down both boards through the weekend. As for people generally being ridiculously dismissive and snobby to each other, well, I accept that as par for the course.

Kevin Avery

Welcome Back, Rick!

Postby Kevin Avery » Tue May 02, 2006 9:11 am

Name: Kevin Avery
You were missed.

Duane

Postby Duane » Tue May 02, 2006 9:18 am

Name: Duane
Perhaps this "Doc" individual can make a donation to Rick's PayPal account. A little cash can grease the wheels of forgiveness.

(I believe Rick is still on vacation.)

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”