Pavilion Digest: March 2006

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

John

Postby John » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:57 am

Name: John
Source: unca20060606.htm
The list of Fi's defined so far. I only take credit (or blame) for the last three definitions on this list, though I did add extra definitions to Sci Fi and Fee Fi. The others were defined by other contributors to this board. I de-fi you (groan) to add more to the list...

Sci Fi - we all know what this one means; of course, were you to take it phonetically, it could be fiction about "A deep and prolonged audible inspiration or respiration of air, as when fatigued or grieved" (dictionary.net). Then again, it might just be fiction about my Uncle Sy from Hackensack.

Semper Fi - fiction about the USMC (now that's funny)

Fee Fi - fiction about giants (very clever), or maybe about those pesky charges we have to pay to park in a garage, enter a national park, etc.

Hi Fi - fiction about getting stoned, or maybe mountain aeries.

Wi Fi - fiction about wireless internet connections, or maybe pesky children always asking questions about the color of the sky, or possibly drunken husbands slurring stories about their wives.

Something.com.fi - fiction about the Finnish internet domain.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:10 am

Name: Douglas Harrison
Steve:

According to imdb.com, LIFE OF PI is to be filmed this summer. Jean-Pierre Jeunet (AMELIE, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN) is to direct, with the screenplay by him, M. Night Shyamalan, Guillame Laurant, and Dean Georgaris.

Now, the movie's just in preproduction, so there's always the chance of turnaround, but I think you can go ahead and cross your fingers.

D.

Barney Dannelke

Speculation

Postby Barney Dannelke » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:34 am

Name: Barney Dannelke
***Lars***

I was the person who responded to that thread at least once and perhaps twice. None of what I said then was speculation. I spoke to Harlan and Susan about it. THEN I spoke to Mr. Ackerman about it. Then I spoke to an industry professional who knew Harlan and would have told me if Harlan was laying it on too thick and said, no, this was, indeed, the deal. Then I spoke to someone who knew Robert Bloch and more importantly to this chain of horrible events, Mrs. Bloch. Every bit of what I said back then on that thread was from the mouths of Harlan and "Forry" and their friends.

Nothing either of them said contradicted what the other said.

There is NO WAY you could soft peddle the thoughtlessness of Mr. Ackerman's behavior, nor did Mr. Ackerman even try. I would quote him here and now but then I would have to go puke into a bucket.

And for the record, there were three witnesses to this interview, my friend Erik Carlson, his girlfriend at the time Jessica and Ray Harryhausen who was seated to Ackerman's right and was wearing a cream colored blazer.

Speculate on that.

- Barney Dannelke

Rick

Postby Rick » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:43 am

Name: Rick Wyatt
"A clown can get away with murder" - J.W. Gacy
John Wayne Gacy was considered by most he knew to be a generous and well-humored man, admired for both his parties and his tireless volunteer efforts. He even entertained children in local hospitals dressed as a clown. He was widely respected as shrewd but fair businessman and a devoted family man.

Sometimes you have to listen to those people who have looked beneath the floorboards.

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”