Pavilion Digest: December 2005

A plethora of perplexing pavilion posts. The Pavilion Annex thread, the Pavilion Discussion thread, and monthly digests of all messages from the Pavilion.

Moderator: Moderator

admin
Site Admin

Pavilion Digest: December 2005

Postby admin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 am

The following posts contain Art Deco Dining Pavilion messages for the month of December 2005.

remarck

God I love it when Cindy comes by

Postby remarck » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 am

Name: Keith Cramer
Source: unca20060316.htm
Cindy wrote to Stan: "Eric's snipes, distressing under normal circumstances can snack away like a pound of whip worms when one is already under an anvil of stress or duress. Fear not!"

I love it!

Cindy, you are pure class. It is so good to see you come by for a visit.

-Keith

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:25 am

Name: Eric Martin
>Cindy, you are pure class<

Yes, it's overwhelming, isn't it?

DVG

Postby DVG » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:08 am

Name: DVG
Does this Eric Martin person actually ever discuss topics?

Regarding the sale of the de Camp libraryit prompted thoughts of Ellisons own collection. Perhaps this has been raised before, but do Mr. Ellison and his wife have any plans to preserve Ellison Wonderland en suite, or perhaps to donate a portion of the library/archives/art collection to a university or museum? Ellisons chateau is the Graceland of speculative fiction (if not its Frick), and it would be a shame to see its assets dismantled entirely.

BTW does Mr. Ellison know who was the architect for the original house? I believe it was identified as a project by Harwell Hamilton Harris, but I dont remember where I heard that (I have never seen the exterior of the house).

Site Admin

Suggestion

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:17 am

Name: Steve Barber
For what it's worth, maybe the Ellison's could will their collection to the Nixon or Bush libraries -- or maybe Ohio State University, that institution of "higher" learning that sent a young and academically challenging Harlan screaming from the campus. That ought to give someone cold sweats...

Or maybe Forry Ackerman.

Aside to Cookie: You ever get my package?

SB

Postby SB » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:20 am

Name: SB
Ellisons. No apostrophe...

cookie

Postby cookie » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:39 am

Name: cookie
Steve: Yes, I got your package and thanks. Did you not get my email? I sent one over a week ago. It didn't bounce back to me so I thought you had gotten it!

Ben Williams

Postby Ben Williams » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 am

Name: Ben Williams
Congrats to Mr. Ellison on the forthcoming film project! It's about damn time!

Apologies if this is an old topic, but in light of the "I, Robot" debacle that was finally put on screen as opposed to Mr. Wllison's masterful screenplay, has there ever been any talk or interest in Mr. Ellison adapting anything else of Asimov's? I'd love to see a Harlan Ellison take on the Foundation series.

Thanks!

BW

Alejandro Riera

Dr. Who in the U.S. of A.

Postby Alejandro Riera » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:39 am

Name: Alejandro Riera
The BBC announced today that the entire 13-episode run of the new Doctor Who series starring Christopher Eccleston will be made available in DVD in the U.S. on February 14th. It will include the extra DVD with DR. Who Confidential. 99.98 retail price.

The DVD set was going to originally be available only in Canada but they decided, wisely in my opinion, to completely bypass their own rule that only DVDs of previouly broadcast BBC series in the U.S. would be released in this market.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:49 pm

Name: Chuck Messer
"Does this Eric Martin person actually ever discuss topics?"

Yes.

Chuck

Jon Stover
Banned

Postby Jon Stover » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:27 pm

Name: Jon Stover
'"Does this Eric Martin person actually ever discuss topics?"

Yes.'

Also, he has a tremendous singing voice.

Cheers, Jon

Faisal A. Qureshi

Postby Faisal A. Qureshi » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:55 pm

Name: Faisal A. Qureshi
King Kong-

I did know about the recreated sequence for the King Kong DVD, I just didn't know how they went about it creating it. Steve's doco had a lot of interviews from the effects folks (i.e. Phil Tippett, Dave Allen I think, etc) and Jim Danforth had a lot of input. I hope Steve's work will be seen one day, its a pity that WB passed on it. Among the visual FX community, it was well known about Steve's attempt to re-do the sequence.

The stop-motion animation community is very small and news passes quickly. I think my discovery of the production material for the cancelled Harryhausen project "Sinbad on Mars" (or something like that, I can't remember the exact title. it was surprisingly located in a studio in Manchester) caused a bit of a stir.

Cindy - Osama is worth watching, glad you enjoyed it. Afghan Film's is currently trying to set up a film lab in Kabul with help from the Goethe institute. It was one of the places I was going to visit earlier this year but alas....

FAQ

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:01 pm

Name: Frank Church
Alerted Air America again, to get Harlan on. I need a break from the political shit rain.

---------

We should play a game. What Republican won't get jailed. The Republicans own ego have killed them in the end.

We didn't have to do squat.

KristinRuhle

Herc stuff

Postby KristinRuhle » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:17 pm

Name: Kristin Ruhl
Susan: I got the renewal notice for HERC when my payment was in the mail I think (thrown in along with my last book order, for HRONBOOK and other stuff) - Can you tell me if you got it and when is the last issue now? Thanks vry much for all you do. Yr great.

Kristin

Eric Martin
Banned

Postby Eric Martin » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:50 pm

Name: Eric Martin
It's true, I belt out a terrific "Memory Motel."

But to answer your question directly, Distressed Vegan, Gyrating...I only address topics of the greatest profundity, like Susan Oliver movies or the REAL reason most of the world went extinct at the end of the Permian. Other than that it's just shameless baiting. We are all slaves to higher powers, hmm?

Return to “The Art Deco Dining Pavilion”