My letter to the world

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Kafkahead

Re: My letter to the world

Postby Kafkahead » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Diane

Mind if I read some of your work? You've read mine, after all: it's the least I could do for you.

K.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:17 am

My head hurts. Which has stopped me from noticing my throat also hurting, but has me worried about the ventricular shunt. Wanna help me cross my fingers that it ain't the shunt just a headache and I just a big baby

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:55 am

diane bartels wrote:My head hurts. Which has stopped me from noticing my throat also hurting, but has me worried about the ventricular shunt. Wanna help me cross my fingers that it ain't the shunt just a headache and I just a big baby

Crossing fingers, toes, eyes and all else I can muster. Keep us apprised.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:05 am

thanks Steve. Head better.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:31 am

But my leg hurts. It would be swell if I could get all parts feeling well, at the same time. I am sorry for these random alerts, I send out to the ether like a knell, or the solemn sad tolling of a bell.

Kafka yes you can read my stuff. Of course you can read my stuff. I have to however, type it into intelligble form(SP). This may, (as you may have noticed) take me awhile. Because I do not do things quickly. As y'all may have noticed. Except obsess, which I can do rapidly, either while attempting other things or with exclusivity. Now if this were someone's else paper that I was correcting, I would have to use much red pen on that last sentence. The grammar police are coming to my head. That is what happens when one has insomnia and thus is successful at fighting off the dream police.

I believe slavery is wrong. But if it were still allowed and I could still myself into owning a slave, the slave I would like to own is Harlan. Because in person, he ineffably cheers me, and his insight is both accurate and insightful. I am kidding about the slavery part, but I wish I were living in the same city with Harlan and the rest of you. Just what y'all need, a crazy cripple girl calling you up in the middle of the night to ask if you want to go for coffee and doughnuts.

I think I need my own blog. Not sure I would have anything concrete to write about consistently. But after much trying, I have got myself trained to where I can type on this thing while lying in bed much better and more accurately than I can or do sitting up. This will be useful if my doctors should ever want to send me back to bed for a few months, like they did when I was in the body cast back in 86. (By the way, you would be amazed at what you can get a spatula to do when your leg in the cast must be scratched. Necessity is they say the mother of invention. I believe that to be true as spatula as leg scratcher is the only Item I have ever invented. Physical item. ) Well that is all I have to say now, except I see the wonderful Dr. Sliwa, who is the best doctor ever on Monday, and I shall attempt to see if he can discover what ails my right foot and leg so extremely the last few months. Dr. Sliwa really is wonderful. I wish that all need for him would stay far from all you wonderously dear people, but if it does not, fly to Chicago, walk run amble to Chicago, for he is the best doc ever.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 am

Today would have been my mom's 72nd birthday. She has been gone 12 years.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:04 pm

diane bartels wrote:Today would have been my mom's 72nd birthday. She has been gone 12 years.

Cris' father would have been 78 tomorrow.

It never gets easier.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:25 am

No it doesn't. Extend my sympathy to Cris please, Steve.

Return to “Webderlanders”