Kafkahead, or How I got here

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

diane bartels

Re: Kafkahead, or How I got here

Postby diane bartels » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Jan, do to care. Just figure you r smarter and more knowledgable than am I. And afraid I might be the one you think posts irrelevant stuff and stuff. But I enjoy your posts and am grateful for all you do here abouts. Thanks. Diane

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:32 am

Kafka, hi and you're welcome. Just got your p.m.. I would be glad to read your stories and give what feed back I am capable of.. But I do not have my own email yet. Let me ask my sister if it's okay to use hers for you to send stuff. I didn't use a p.m. for this cause a forgot how to send one. Technically savvy, I am not.

I hope any feedback I can give you would be helpful. I was an English major and a writing tutor in college, so I can give you advise on the mechanics and the readability of your prose. But from what I have read of your posts, you have that stuff down.. The rest is just one mind responding to another. I've read some of my friend's fiction poetry over the years, but my own creative stuff has been pretty neglected for quite a while. However, I will respond as quickly and honestly as I can. Let me talk to my sis, and get back to you.
Diane

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Joao/Kafkahead,
Welcome to the Harlan Ellison Bulletin Board! Are you a member of the Harlan Ellison Record Collection yet? If not, I highly recommend joining. I've been a member since I was 13 and I'm 43 now. Lotta water under that bridge!

Your English writing skills seem to be those of a native speaker -- are you bilingual? How did you acquire your English? I was a language major in college (college was wasted on me) so second language acquisition is always of interest to me.

Yes, I agree with what everyone here is telling you -- take some writing courses from good professionals to get feed back -- the Bulletin Board is not the place for it. Perhaps some of the regulars here can suggest some programs, although you seem very focused, and, if I remember correctly, have a program already in mind.

Anyhoo, dive in, paddle around, have fun, and keep adding your articulate and engaging voice to the proceedings!

Cheers! :)
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 am

My only bone to pick is why isn't his name Ellisonhead?

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Kafka, getting my own e-mail next thurs., so you can send your stories to me then, if you still want.

Grayson

Postby Grayson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi Kafka! I'm definitely enjoying being here too.

--Grayson

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi, Kafka. Got the e-mail but I cannot get it to work. It is DianeBartels99@comcast.net. Not sure of the problem, but am calling my cousin to get his advice. Will let you know when I get it to work.
Hope you are good

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 am

Kafka, got it, in case you didn't get my pm. Will reply via email later. From first quick read - you are a writer.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Mon May 31, 2010 2:38 am

Kafka, sorry to have been outa touch. Just life chaos. Got the new story, quick first read. Will send more detail later. But you do write extremely well.

Ignore the doubters of your age, fluency or whatever.

Diane

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:02 am

Kafka, where are you? everything ok?
diane

Return to “Webderlanders”