LittleRedHoodie~

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Purr~Genki dashite~

LittleRedHoodie~

Postby Purr~Genki dashite~ » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:28 am

Take Cinderella in her Nikes, mix with Pandora and Venus on a half Shell, add a sprinkling of an empowered Eve and a dash of LittleRedHoodie. Bake inside of Kali's fire, ice with mythology and sprinkle lavishly with modern day bling and a lotus blossom made of sugar:tadah! You have a mixed bag of Japanese and Eastern European full of Purrr~

My spice life with Ellison's writings . . . .
. . . .began in a dusky aisle filled with dust at the New Brunswick Public Library in New Jersey in the year of our misbegotten human follies of existence of 1977. I was just a tiny tink of a lass freshly transplanted from communist Eastern Europe into boundless freedoms and mesmerizingly shocking behaviors, who stalked about the Library every weekend with my little English~Hungarian dictionary inside my backpack, ready to attack yet another adventure between covers.
On this summer day, someone had made the error of misfiling a curious little paperback on a shelf in the children's section.

Approaching Oblivion by Harlan Ellison.

Hmmm. The cover should have scared the bejeesus out of me, but having been brought up by wolves and opinionated horses and people who may or may not have been fully human, I snatched my little dictionary from my backpack, plopped my tiny fairy tush into a corner and began to read.

And suddenly the world made sense. And suddenly my opinion of people in general was not only validated but expounded upon and taken to the next level.

And I fell through EllisonWonderland and became an obnoxious disciple of his angsty, brutally honest and beautiful rage, his boundless imagination and sociopolitical perceptive rants on the devolution of humanity. He raised me through his books when there was no one to raise me at all, His tales and articles became my guidepost through the often times brutal and sometimes wondrous existence of human society.
He has had a direct and profound impact on me as a human being. He taught me through his stories and rage and passion and through the disassembling of the human condition that at the very core his anger hailed from knowing how much better we could be doing as a species and instead have opted to be barely cognizant sheeple with the brain waves of a beetlenut plant.

During a time in my life that was soaked in violence and mishandling and neglect, a time which could have pushed me so far into myself that I would never have been able to surface again, the writings of Harlan Ellison along with a handful of others directly and indirectly gave me a he** of a set of brass ba**s
and a will and passion for existence, justice, and the capacity to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong at the base core of it all.

Oh yeah, and from my primordial parent by default (Harlan, duh ;) I also developed a bitey and get it attitude which has seen me through editorial he** and publishers with tight wallets into the MY WAY land of my fourth book being published this coming August~

And now that I almost have the luxury to sit my bottom at home and write full time, I've popped through Webderland with glee!
HI! 8)
"Why be difficult when with a little effort you can be impossible."

Site Admin

Re: LittleRedHoodie~

Postby Moderator » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 am

Welcome to Wederland, Purr-Genki!

Happy to have you join us. Loved your introductory note, seems like you've found some kindred spirits. We can be friendly, argumentative, loving, demented, erudite and a little bit raucous at times -- watch for the one named Frank. He scares people but is essentially a good guy.

Glad you're here.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Jan

Postby Jan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:13 am

Budapest? My parents were there a few months ago.
Welcome to the children's section of the Pavilion.
How are we going to call you? I don't want to set a bad precedent.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 pm

This girl has style, this girl has fire, this girl skins rabbits with her eyes. I like this person already. Welcome to our little barn building. The field mice run by your naked feet, but they will not bite. I will offer the rope, the bucket; dredging water from the well is your job. I'm sure you will do it well.

Besides, we need new blood. lol

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Oboy, more new blood. We definitely needed it here.

Congrats on another publishing credit. Care to share your book titles?
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Purr~Genki dashite~

Postby Purr~Genki dashite~ » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:01 am

Thanks all~fear I got none
blood I got plenty~sharin' is carin' afterall~
As for the book titles, I'll just pop in my latest;
Girls With red Hair On Cherry Cadillacs With Bushido Sword
I look forward to being terrified, bled and stimulated~
much thanks

Samuel John Klein

Postby Samuel John Klein » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 am

Ah, yes, Approaching Oblivion. Strange that book seems to find its way into the hands of little childrens who shouldn't be reading such things.

I got mine from the SF Book Club when – when my Mom wasn't watching, I sent in a penny and got 12 books. And that was one of them. Either that or she was watching, and what would she have been thinking?

I adore "I'm Looking for Kadak". You?
Samuel John Klein, your friend, and your friend, and mine too
http://zehnkatzen.blogspot.com samuel.klein@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/SJKPDX
Somewhere in Southeast Portland. The banal part.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Purr-genki (or is it Ms. Dashite?)

Welcome and please let us know how we should refer to you

Sam, as a Jew, I absolutely adore Looking for Kadak (almost as much as I love Mom, which ironically my own Mother did not find so amusing when I read it to her). Just curious are you a MoT (member of the tribe, for you goyim out there)?

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 pm

I can't find your book on Amazon. Are you sure you actually published a book? lol Not doubting you, but Amazon has every book on the known planet.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Sam, as a Jew, I absolutely adore Looking for Kadak (almost as much as I love Mom, which ironically my own Mother did not find so amusing when I read it to her). Just curious are you a MoT (member of the tribe, for you goyim out there)?

You sell us goy so short Mark.

Due to circumstances that are currently not under my total control, I was eating at a soup kitchen earlier today. There was a reather large group of Jewish kids there doing community service.

Long story short it was kinda fun to see the look on one kids face when I told them "It must be nice to be able to do a mitzvah and get school credits for it!" I didn't think she thought that this blue eyed blonde had a clue about Jewish....

Lori

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Ach, what can I say I am just kvelling over this. What naches you have to speak Yiddish.....

Admit it, though, most of the Yiddish you know comes from reading Harlan, right?
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Samuel John Klein

Postby Samuel John Klein » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:53 pm

markabaddon wrote:Purr-genki (or is it Ms. Dashite?)

Welcome and please let us know how we should refer to you

Mark

Well, with a name like "Sam Klein", you'd think I was Jewish, but no, I was born and raised Roman Catholic (Post Vatican II). I was brought up a Goy Scout, but I am now so apostate they will have to invent a new class for me.

Moreover, my wife was wondering if she wasn't falling for some nice Jewish boy when she met me too. No, lapsed Catholic. Moreover^2, her first name's Brenda, so you have "Sam and Brenda Klein", which has led to surprise with some people who wondered whether or not we were Orthodox or Reformed.

I do have an affinity for Jewish culture, and the legends of our family history have it that when our family line passed through the upper Midwest (Iowa, Minnesota or there abouts) the one of my ancestors which would eventually became me converted to the Roman church, but my family history is pretty obscure, so who knows? Maybe at one time my family WAS Jewish. I love that thought, even though I am not religious or very metaphysical at all.

Samuel John Klein

Postby Samuel John Klein » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:55 pm

markabaddon wrote:Ach, what can I say I am just kvelling over this. What naches you have to speak Yiddish.....

Admit it, though, most of the Yiddish you know comes from reading Harlan, right?

That's certainly true for me.

Well, that, and all the Jewish-informed comedy that's been liberally infused into American comedy culture, which I have dined sloppily on over the years.

cynic

Postby cynic » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:13 am

this - is - cool
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewsho ... orID=79129
read the "FairlyTwistyFairyTale" exerpt, and click the lady's name (Selene Skye) for more
follow your bliss,mike

Purr~Genki dashite~

Postby Purr~Genki dashite~ » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:12 am

Cynic~you found me~damn~
Actually most of my psychosis is present here:
http://pandorasjewel.gather.com/

SAMUEL~ at 12 Kadak blew my mind~ in between flipping through my tiny English to Hungarian dictionary, pi**ed to he** that I couldn't find certain words, which of course were pure Yiddish, and soaking up such eclectic tale telling, I was forever altered~

Markabaddon~most everyone calls me Purr even though I am usually growling, though true to something or other my name is Selene~
I have been to Israel though I'm sure that doesn't make me a member of the tribe, I did see Pan's Labyrinth at Malcha Mall~as for tribes~I'm an Eastern European with a Japanese Twist~

Frank Church~The book won't be out until August 22nd:
The Other Titles are:
CrowWoman & MudGirl
Eve's Rib~Jezebel's Hip (to which one critic referred to as an exotic spice of the Englis language though probably mostle enjoyed by angry penis hating lesbians)
and
The Raspberry Girl

so I do hope I'm not a figment of my own imagination and you find these sniplets of inside out poetic dishes and tongue in cheek flips of humor.

Return to “Webderlanders”