I'm Kristian. With a K. (It's a whole thing.)

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Kristian

I'm Kristian. With a K. (It's a whole thing.)

Postby Kristian » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Hello, I'm Kristian. It's pronounced Christian - not Kristen, Kirsten, or Christina. It is only spelled with a K because my parents had a mischievous sense of humor, and apparently wanted me to fight a lot in elementary school. (Having a blatantly feminine middle name did nothing to improve the situation.)

I'm 34, and I live in Texas. I'd rather live in NotTexas. (This is no great secret.)

I was married, but now I'm not. (The less said on this subject, the better.)

I'm was single, but now I'm engaged. (I do not learn my lessons.)

I started a blog. It rocks. (My opinion is heavily biased and permanently stained by my love of me.)

I'm opinionated, outspoken, and hot-headed. (These are my good qualities.)

I am engaged to a wonderful fiancé, but she is not perfect. (A terrible Nora Roberts addiction is involved.)

I'm secretly kind, romantic, and generous. (Don't tell anyone.)

I do not participate in web forums. I have in the past. I was terrible at it. (Again, I do not learn my lessons.)

I think that's everything. (Except for the bit about my secret identity and super powers. Shhhh!)

Site Admin

Re: I'm Kristian. With a K. (It's a whole thing.)

Postby Moderator » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Kristian -- A warm welcome, indeed, to the Monkey Bin. Always love new voices in these parts. No topic is off limits (just make sure you post in an appropriate thread), but I tend to dislike personal attacks. That's pretty much the only warning. Take a look around and feel free to contribute to the chaos.

Steve B
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:43 pm

Welcome, Kristian. You sound cool.

Please contribute as much as you like, and don't be afraid to start a thread if a quick search doesn't locate whatever topic comes to mind.

D.

Kristian

Postby Kristian » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks. I'll try to contribute something worthwhile to any discussions into which I insinuate myself, but please don't be slow to smack me around when it looks like I'm getting out of control. Historically, message forums have been a bit of an Achilles Heel for me, but I'm fairly confident that I can keep my personality in check this time around. Fairly confident...

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Kristian, hello there. If Area 51 had a caretaker it would be me. Contribute what you want, but remember, these mooks are hard studies.

I'd kiss you on the mouth, but I don't know you well enough. No, I am not gay. Not that that's a bad thing.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome to the nut house, Kristian. We can always use more voices here.

Are you a native Texan or just passing through?
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Kristian

Postby Kristian » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Can I be a native and still be passing through? Merciful Zeus, I wouldn't ever want to come to the terrible realization that I might be firmly planted here, to rot in the fetid swamp soil of southeast Texas and die gasping for air in the toxic cloud of backwater stupidity that fills the atmosphere.

So yeah, I'm a native - but I try not to be.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Cindy seems to love Texas. Call her and ask her how she copes.

Kristian

Postby Kristian » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm not sure I ever want to love Texas. I fear that such a thing would signal the beginning of the end. A final blow on the last trumpet. A breaking of the final seal. An admission of guilt for living amongst the dull and the stupidly angry, and not doing anything about it.

Well, that last part's not entirely true. I do what I can, and I do it as hard as I can, but It's just that there's so much to be done, progress can only be measured geologically, so it gets frustrating. Still, I try...

Return to “Webderlanders”