Radio Webderland

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

John E Williams

Radio Webderland

Postby John E Williams » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:47 pm

Hey, here's a sorta goofy question/suggestion, so feel free to make fun of me if you want: what would be the interest, plausibility and stupidity level were the denizens of this board to put together a, say, 15-30 minute radio show? (MP3 format.) Just for fun and laffs, I mean. Comedy. Mystery. Drama. Whathaveyou. I am something of an old time radio lover, and I have done something similar to this online before -- PM me if you're interested in what that was -- and it worked out pretty well.

Someone(s) could write it, there are sites out there with royalty-free sound effects and music, and all the actors would need would be a good PC mike and Audacity (which is free).

So whadda we think? Hah? Hm? Eh?

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Sounds like an excellent idea. Just remember to keep Frank off the subject of Israel and me off the subject of television.

Heh Heh Heh.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Did someone say Israellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Let me play the mad German scientist or David Hasselhoff.

The difficult part would be finding a writer.

Israel. Israel.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:47 pm

I will be the horny widget magnet, let loose in a leper colony.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:56 pm

I can be the damsel in distress:
Jan, here's a script for ya, we can fill in the details.... ;)

Villain: "You must pay the rent!"

Damsel: "I can't pay the rent..."

Villain:You must pay the rent!"

Hero:"I'll pay the rent!"
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm

Isn't she a doll?

Where's Lori? lol

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm here Frankie

Just trying to think of a role for me widdle self.

Any suggestions?

cynic

Postby cynic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 pm

i have some experience in lighting,i could...

oh,right,radio.

nevermind

cynic

Re: Radio Webderland

Postby cynic » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:27 pm

John E Williams wrote:I have done something similar to this online before -- PM me if you're interested in what that was -- and it worked out pretty well.
i for one am interested,is it still online?

John E Williams

Re: Radio Webderland

Postby John E Williams » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:03 am

Well, Gwyneth has written the script. Change it to "I'll pay Israel's rent!" and we may have something.

cynic wrote:
John E Williams wrote:I have done something similar to this online before -- PM me if you're interested in what that was -- and it worked out pretty well.
i for one am interested,is it still online?

This is the thingy-thing we did as a lark, about a year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 8D071EFEA7

I used The Sims 2 for the "actors" and people from all over the world -- Britain, U.S., UK, Sweden and Holland -- supplied the voices. Any bad writing is my fault, but the actors did a great job.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm

cynic wrote:i have some experience in lighting,i could...

oh,right,radio.

nevermind

Hey, if Charlie McCarthy could make it as a radio star. . . .
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:14 pm

This is obviously a natural for me. I'm not a writer, but I can edit and "fluff" a piece of writing, and I certainly can act.

It's funny you should bring this up now, John, because I have a meeting next week with a team that wants to do live radio shows in the old-fashioned way: new, original scripts performed before an audience and broadcast live from a small station NW of Portland, as well as recorded for rebroadcast, podcast, and potential syndication. Could be a lot of fun. I'll certainly keep you posted on this project here or on my own Webderlander thread.

I know I've got Audacity. Not sure whether I have a PC mike or the like on or in my G4 Powerbook. Shouldn't be too hard to scare up an appropriate piece of hardware if I don't.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

John E Williams

Postby John E Williams » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:41 pm

David, that sounds like a tremendous opportunity for you, I hope it works out. I have been captivated by old-time radio since I was a kid (I'm only 44), so I am all for any continuance of the medium.

This is a good time for me to do something like this because I was laid off my 7 year contract job on February 1 (I'm a graphic designer) and my creative outlets have been severely truncated by job searching and degree studies. So while I'd be purely nuts to add something else to my plate, something like a radio show would fill the bill in that regard.

As for my part in this possible project, I'd volunteer to do the editing and mixing of the product, unless that happens to be someone else's specialty.

cynic

Postby cynic » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:10 pm

John E Williams wrote:As for my part in this possible project, I'd volunteer to do the editing and mixing of the product, unless that happens to be someone else's specialty.
odd you mention editing,i've only seen 2 parts of the "thingy",and i was impressed by the edit as well as the script.did you edit as well as write?
always sad to hear of layoffs.
hope you find a good fit ,and find just enough time to tackle another "thingy".i'm looking foward to see the rest of your last offer.

follow your bliss, mike

Return to “Webderlanders”