Bobbo Here

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

mr.bobbo

Bobbo Here

Postby mr.bobbo » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:57 am

Well,

Just following directions, here. Glad to see this forum, I'm an avid Ellison reader, have followed many of the Man's exploits and fiction (and non-fiction) over 25 years or so...

I really dig collecting the old Ace paperback collections; I've yet to obtain the "new" purple ESSENTIAL ELLISON (the "old" yellow one is a milestone, lifetime tome for me, and I love it so)--and I know that it's been out there for ten years or more. I picked up SLIPPAGE and ANGRY CANDY pretty close to their respective release dates, though backwards-like, around the early 90s.

And, as a big fan of the movies, I wish there were more of Harlan's stuff on the big screen to guage and enjoy. Cheers, and, y'know...selah.

Okay,
Bobbo

"Only a fool would say that." --- Steely Dan
"Is our children being educated?" ---George W. Bush

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:11 pm

I think you've come to the right place then.

I suggest you start here by posting in the Shadows of Eternity thread in the Moving finger section, so we can see what's in your subconsciousness.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Bobbo -
Welcome! Glad you checked in.

Usual warnings and caveats, blah, blah. Have fun.

And yeah, Jan's SPIDER Forums are a great place to start.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:53 am

Welcome to the forum

As for this seeing whats in your subconsious, just be glad they havent seen inside mine. It would probably involve giblets, large knifes and my intollerable boss. Or suchlike.

Duane

Postby Duane » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm

Hello Bobbo! (That's my brother's name, actually, although he insists I shorten it to "Bob" or somesuch).

Just about every Harlan signing I've ever been to (you know, where they sign Harlans), I see dozens of out of print paperbacks for sale, usually at around $20 a throw, or more. I try to pick up one or two each trip, and lament that I wasn't around (or at least old enough) to buy them when they went for a measly 95p.

BY THE WAY: A question for anyone who might know: What's the story behind the "ugly little Chapbook" that sells for around $150, that Harlan insists on bringing to every signing, and which he dissuades anyone from actually buying??

I'd ask Harlan over on the Pavvy, but he yelled at Barney today, and I'm not in the mood. ;)

Richard Keeney

Postby Richard Keeney » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:13 am

welcome Bobbo

R
"It would be interesting to know what it is men are most afraid of. Taking a new step, uttering a new word is what they fear most."
--F. Dostoievsky, from CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

mr.bobbo

Postby mr.bobbo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:46 am

Bet the "ugly little chapbook" is the original STRANGE WINE.

Any takers?

Okay,
Bobbo
"Is our children being educated?" ---George W. Bush

paul

Postby paul » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Hello Bobbo. I'm a busy little booger but always try to take time to say hello.
Hello.
The medium is the message.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Hey Bobo

I will give you the same greeting I got when I first arrived:

Welcome to the monkey house.

It would be nice to see how warped you are. I really hate being one of the only really warped around here... Well that's only if you leave one Frank Church outta the equation. But, enough about him. No need to scare the newbie right off.

Hope you find your stay here an enjoyable on31
Life, love and all the chocolate you can eat

Lori

purplelynn35@gmail.com

Return to “Webderlanders”