A question to all the married folks on this board...

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Jan wrote:Will I get free entrance again because I'm with cool people?

Yeah, of course! :D You'll be with Suicide Girls and wannabes!
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Jan will run away like a scared pup.

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:10 pm

'fraid so.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Me too, Jan. These chicks are willlllllllllllllllllllld.

John E Williams

Postby John E Williams » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 pm

Wow, what a great discussion, sorry I missed it.

Gwen, so sorry for your pain. I hate when people say there's more fish in the sea, there's someone for everyone, keep looking and you'll find the right one and blah blah blah. None of the above are guaranteed or even necessarily true, but what you do have to hang onto is you -- being cool with, if not happy with, being by yourself. You seem like a fun, sensuous, funny, sweet and intelligent person and you certainly deserve someone wonderful in your life.

I was 37 when I met She Who Agreed to Wed Me, and I was astonished to find that over time she came to love me unconditionally and unequivocally (and undeservedly), for reasons which I cannot fathom but for which I am knee-tremblingly thankful. Plus, she takes none of my crap. Our big cultural difference is that she is a deeply believing Christian, belonging to what I consider one of the more whackier sects out there, while I am a culturally laissez-faire liberal and big fan of Evolution who doesn't know if there is a God but thinks there probably isn't. Somehow, we have made this work: she doesn't proselytize or lecture, and I try to be patient and listen and show respect when we read scripture together even when I think what we're reading is a total crock. Plus, there's the fact that without her religious beliefs to anchor she'd probably be all over the map, emotionally and mentally speaking, and not at all in a healthy way.

I would never have chosen this situation, and going in I tried to do what your guy probably should have done, which is try to tolerate and live with the religious stuff (in his case, the body art) because being with her is so richly rewarding and life-affirming. He may even have found, as I did, that the cultural differences can be more than just tolerated but can be shared in a deep and meaningful way. I now have a decent context for contemplating Scripture and other religious matters, which only adds to my intellectual cache. Your guy may have learned to be not only tolerant but appreciative of your body art, if he had given it half a chance.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:15 am

Thank you, John, for your thoughtful reply. :) Yeah, I broke down and called his cell on V-Day and left a message. No reply of course. Oh well, the lonely heart always tries.

Luckily, I have the **Lovely Lady Lori** to go party with and we partied like rockstars until they closed the club.

Best part: When she flogged the seven foot transvestite dressed in a sequined blue bunny costume. (This was mutually consensual.)

2nd best part: When I got hit on by a man old enough to drink, yet young enough to be my son, and we salsa-ed together. Tee Hee! The old mule has some pull left in 'er yet!

Super best part: ...I'll let Lori tell the story, if she wants to... Suffice it to say Lori is AWESOME and the MOST FUN PARTY CHICK EVER!!!!! :D :D :D
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

John E Williams

Postby John E Williams » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Super best part: ...I'll let Lori tell the story, if she wants to...

It was THIS, wasn't it?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/16/chimp. ... topstories

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 am

John E Williams wrote:It was THIS, wasn't it?

...call me...Travis... BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :twisted:

John E Williams

Postby John E Williams » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:20 am

Well, no, I certainly had not meant you to be the chimp! I happened to have a news site up at the time I was reading this forum, and all I saw at first was a headline about two women fighting a chimpanzee, and of course it seemed hilarious to me at the time and a perfect opportunity for a joke. Since then I have read that the chimp was shot to death and one of the women is barely alive, so.... not so funny after all.

Richard Keeney

Postby Richard Keeney » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:13 pm

i just read back over this string...

body art? seriously?

i'm lost on that one.

sorry gwen,
Rick
"It would be interesting to know what it is men are most afraid of. Taking a new step, uttering a new word is what they fear most."
--F. Dostoievsky, from CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

Richard Keeney

Postby Richard Keeney » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:14 pm

oh, and I have this FD quote

down yonder
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
"It would be interesting to know what it is men are most afraid of. Taking a new step, uttering a new word is what they fear most."

--F. Dostoievsky, from CRIME AND PUNISHMENT

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Gwyneth M905 wrote:
John E Williams wrote:It was THIS, wasn't it?

...call me...Travis... BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :twisted:

Gwynnie

Don't confuse the poor boys.....

We both agreed to call you Morton.

I'll explain if I have to, but I'd really like to think the men around here are smart enough to get it.

Lori

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Super best part: ...I'll let Lori tell the story, if she wants to... Suffice it to say Lori is AWESOME and the MOST FUN PARTY CHICK EVER!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ok, I know you all want to know, so here it goes.

Gwyn must be referring to the fact that once we figured out how to reach the balcony of the dance floor, I promptly got down and took off everything but my panties, which a quick self inflicted wedgie turned into an awesome g-string.

I mean it wasn't like I was ever going to see those people again, and my usual Saturday night entainment usually found me nude in a large group of people, so I figured C'est la vie....

It was totally awesome to get 22 year olds telling me how awesome and awe inspiring I was. I'm carrying around a lot of image baggage. That's normal for a 42 year old woman in my station. So to get a woman half my age telling me she was really jealous about her boyfriend's constant staring at me was a really cool ego booster.

Anyways, if that's NOT what Gwyn was talking about, you'll have ask her.

Peace, Love and all the goodies

Lori

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:I mean it wasn't like I was ever going to see those people again, and my usual Saturday night entainment usually found me nude in a large group of people, so I figured C'est la vie....

CMNF?

CCNF?

CCNL? (Clothed Crowd, Naked Lori)

Good on you in any case. 8)

Now we just need to get you some tattoos.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:43 pm

No, we need pictures.

Return to “Webderlanders”