Semi-Writer Saying Hello

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

paul

Postby paul » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:53 pm

I get around to catching up on things every week or so.
Welcome.
The medium is the message.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:54 pm

You know when you are getting old when your pubic hair starts to turn gray.

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:49 am

Good to know. Awesome. I'm still in the clear, then.

And for those interested in the technical side of pubic hair and grayness: http://www.professorshouse.com/family/h ... -grey.aspx

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:41 am

Damn, I haven't touched this in forever...

Most of what I've put up on Scribd.com is derivative fiction--a disgusting genre to some--but there are a few original works shoved in there nonetheless. Avoid anything that begins, "This is a work of fan fiction based on..." or "This is a WGA-registered spec script" and you'll be all right.

Only selling one right now: "Winterland" (http://www.scribd.com/doc/14288747/Winterland)

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:26 am

Okay, okay...

There is a general consensus to help me. Though I am stubborn and determined to succeed on my own... clearly, I have to confess and admit that I need support at this time. At the moment, I can say honestly Harlan is a goddamned saint and I'll beat anyone up that says otherwise.

But I do not want to give anyone the wrong impression about how I'm living. It's not street-level poverty, nor am I living it up in the Hills. So here's my life today. I did this iReport on CNN a few months back (and took a lot of abuse in the comments section) you're welcome to check out: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-226203

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:27 am

RJF wrote: I did this iReport on CNN a few months back (and took a lot of abuse in the comments section) you're welcome to check out: http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-226203

I don't think a lot of those who commented understand what journalism is. Fuck 'em.

Thanks for sharing part of your story here with us.

D.

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:39 am

Thanks for sharing. Is it impossible to find a job there? Any promising leads?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:07 am

Excellent piece, Semi.

I'm curious: Why do you feel taking unemployment is a negative? It's not a hand out. I was out of a job for two months last year and took the checks. I know some people assign a stigma to it, but it's a way to make ends meet and get the pressure off until you get a confirmed gig.

I just yesterday had lunch with my best bud NeoCon Jim, who has been out of work for seven months. He's taking the checks, though politically he's firmly against social programs. He's taking the because he needs them.

It isn't a matter of pride, it's a matter of need.

BTW - Several of us did write-ups on DREAMS Nite at the Beverly on Friday. You can find them by paging back a couple of days on the Pav. Also, I posted twenty or so pictures of the event on my website, which is www.barbergallery.net. On the left side menu, toward the bottom, you'll see a link to the FoE Gallery (Friends of Ellison). Enjoy.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:28 am

Senor Barber,

Yep, I was at DREAMS. I was just wondering how the latest appearance went (seems a bit morbid to call it "his last appearance").

And I saw your site, too--one of the FoE pics has me just over Harlan's right shoulder.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:40 am

You guys want to give me money, I'm game.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 am

Frank, there are worthwhile causes and then there are lost causes. Best learn the difference.

Love ya bubba,

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:40 am

Call me bubbles.

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 am

Barber, take the cork out of your ears!

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Jan wrote:Barber, take the cork out of your ears!

What? What??

I can't hear you...
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Is Jan drinking again?

Return to “Webderlanders”