Semi-Writer Saying Hello

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

SemiWriter

Re: Semi-Writer Saying Hello

Postby SemiWriter » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:56 am

Honestly, I kinda doubt my overall skills with the written word inasmuch as making incest stories palatable.

I took off, then replaced, "Found Again" on Scribd. So at least I can say it's done and pushed out into the world. For whatever that's worth.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:16 am

RJF wrote:I took off, then replaced, "Found Again" on Scribd. So at least I can say it's done and pushed out into the world. For whatever that's worth.

How do I get to Scribd to see your work? :) I'm really a computer slow-poke.
I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi Knight, the same as my Father.
STAR WARS (1977)

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Hey, you figured this forum out--can't be a slow-poke to do that!

"Found Again" is actually "Featured" today (Saturday 7/11) on the front page, or just type "Found Again" into the search box.

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 am

Still blogging... sorry that it's the only thing I can do to repay the kindness, attention and assistance that several of you have given me over the past couple of months!

http://semiwriter.blogspot.com/

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:26 pm

New webpage!

Geocities closed down so I took up residence on Wix.com. Celebrity photos, stand-up comedy, etc. Visitors are welcomed.

wix.com/mlza(I'm breaking it up to cut down on spam, just take out the parentheses and these words)mbrana/index/

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:21 pm

RJF
All you have to do is put the url tag on your post and it will take you right to the website

like this for my new blog http://www.mfloss.blogspot.com

*giggles at another attempt at self promotion*

Lori

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 am

It's a long story, but there are those out there on the internet with nothing better to do than to torture me, and I don't want to find it... that's why there's the break. One good Google search and they'd sniff me out pretty quick.

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 pm

Long time, no update, but here we go...

Amazon.com has scrapped their Amazon Shorts program in favor of the Digital Text Platform, so I'm selling some short stories (all at the low, low price of $0.99) and the "Found Again" book ($3.99) there, with a few more things to add once I've gone through and re-edited them. I've also got a few sellables at Scribd.com. If you're not in the mood to purchase, though, you're welcome to check out the free stuff on Scribd--spec scripts, fan fiction and autobiographical bitching. It's still a tiny collection that I have for sale--admittedly, the unsellable, despicable fanfics outnumber the legit fics by about eight to one--but I guess it's something.

Still got the blog at semiwriter.blogspot.com that you're welcome to visit. It's updated several times a day, though I should mention that I cater to a particular group who emigrated over from my other blog (hence the theme set by the photos, don't freak out). Welcome to the angst. I have been told my blog makes people feel better about their own lives.

Now, a plea... in trying to finish up a writing project, I have to view a failed television pilot, rejected by the network and not likely to ever air--it's prominently mentioned in the blog. I know that this item has been distributed to press people / reviewers in Los Angeles (and elsewhere, I suspect). I'm not looking to violate copyright and "own" it by obtaining an illegal copy, distributing it on the internet, etc.--I only need to sit down with it for 43 minutes and take notes, then write up a review. This will help build up a good contrast/comparison chapter between the script and the final chapter, and up the word count. Anyone got any connections they can hook me up with? (It's not even a good pilot, by all accounts, but necessary to close out the research.)

SemiWriter

Postby SemiWriter » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:04 am

Much thanks to Ye Olde Webmaster for bringing me back into the forum. First I forgot my username, then I forgot my password, then I forgot where I parked my TARDIS, and then...

Anyway, here I am with some more self-promotion.

I'm putting things up on Amazon.com's Digital Text Platform, http://www.amazon.com/M.L.-Zambrana/e/B ... 630&sr=8-2. I'm particularly enjoying the fact that I can design my own "book cover" for them. But more importantly, the author has complete control over their own product; in the old Amazon Shorts format, any changes took days and website approval; deletions were almost unheard of. No sales to speak of but, hey, it's fun.

And I've still got the blog: http://semiwriter.blogspot.com/ Though I seldom keep more than 10-15 entries up at one time. Experience has taught me that I can't leave up an extensive history of blog entries--too many internet baddies are eager to scoop up what is supposed to be trivial blathering and take it all FAR too seriously. Be warned it's also actor-centric, as the fans of said actor are from where I draw my audience, so I supply photos and info on the guy to feed the fan need.

Return to “Webderlanders”