Just an update

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Just an update

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:52 pm

Guys and Dolls

for those who believe in this kinda stuff, I could use all the prayers and positives I can get from you people.

Long story short, I'm going totally bugfuck in my current living situation. It's not good for my mental or physical well being at all!! Been checking craigs list and all that shit. I just have to get out of there ASAP if not sooner!

Anyways, just to leave you in a much more positive frame of thought

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU8Tp5djRUk

This is a giggle.....

Love ya all

Lori

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Lori - No details are required, you know the folks around here wish you well and you're in our thoughts -- but is it a roommate problem, problem with the place you live, problem with the overall conditions???

No need to answer, but it would help us be more specific.

Regardless, you've got my support.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Barber wrote:Lori - No details are required, you know the folks around here wish you well and you're in our thoughts -- but is it a roommate problem, problem with the place you live, problem with the overall conditions???

No need to answer, but it would help us be more specific.

Regardless, you've got my support.

Lets just say that when the crazy lady down the hall attempts to keep you from walking away from a possible ass beating, it's time to leave. Granted I didn't need to call her a Bitch, but she didn't have to follow me upstairs and lurk around the elevator waiting for me either.

Just little things like that are making things in the current living situation a bit on the unhealthy side. The only two people who keep things semi normal for me are leaving at the end of the month, and I think I should too.

Looply yours

Lori

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:33 pm

From the way you describe it, "yepperoo" is the only thing that comes to mind.

Don't letcherself get hurt. The crazy people just ain't worth it.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:42 pm

I'm not worried much about my physical saftey. I'm a German girl, big strong and taught self defense by a SEAL who acutally spent time teaching and keeping others from getting killed in combat!

i'm more worried about my mental health. On my best days I'm seriously depressed. This shit isn't helping any, and hasn't for a few years now. I'm usually told to go away and nothing gets solved.

Gonna try to get some help from the Parentals, if I can explain this to them I should be all right.

Yours for massive craziness!

Lori

paul

Postby paul » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:19 am

Lori, i have lived through several arrangements, both living and personal, and sometimes combined, that makes the adjective 'bugfuck' the very kindest thing one could say about them. On the best days, it was a circle of hell that would've made Dante tear up his first draft and go work in children's pop-up-literature. On the worst days, i couldn't decide if i wanted to burn everyone alive or just stab all their eyes out with a tuning fork before i perused the list of seventeen highly imaginative ways of doing myself in.
But I struggled, like mad. And I got out. It took years and was difficult; I lost friends, changed my lifestyle a bit, left a raft of things behind, both physical and emotional. But I did it and I am extraordinarily happy today.

You can do this. Our thoughts are with you. Should you ever feel the need to write or talk, just send me word. I may not have all the answers, but i have great ears.

*Slipping into Bogart mode and winking* Courage, dollface. This too shall pass.
The medium is the message.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 am

Depression sucks. Don;t let it control your life. Good luck with the move.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:13 pm

Alan and Paul

See, I knew this was the place to come and let loose, so to speak!

Part of it was an issue that was hanging between me and a couple of friends, which couldn't be solved while they were in Seattle. They are home now, and I'll be dealing with it as soon as the three of us can sit down and hash things out face to face.

As far as the mental health goes, I've been me for almost 42 years now, I just wish the struggle would let up for a bit. I am only asking for a few hours of being "normal" that's not much is it?

Anyways, thanks to all of you who have given me hope and encouragement. I don't know how to thank you all but to say Thanks!

Lori

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:43 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:As far as the mental health goes, I've been me for almost 42 years now

Who were you before that?
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:24 pm

David Loftus wrote:
Lori Koonce wrote:As far as the mental health goes, I've been me for almost 42 years now

Who were you before that?

You know, that's a very good question. I mean I believe in reincarnation and all that good stuff.

I've been told that you don't remember the past lives so that you can better concentrait on the current one, but for some reason that really dosen't satisfy me!

Lori

cynic

Postby cynic » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:48 pm

paul wrote:Lori, This too shall pass.

yeah,what he said.

paul

Postby paul » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:26 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:As far as the mental health goes, I've been me for almost 42 years now, I just wish the struggle would let up for a bit.

As I portray in my semi-auto-biographical live poetry reading:

"I've had to live with me all my life
and did not like it all the time."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just keep us in the loop, love.
p.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:21 pm

I saw my Papa this AM. He's willing to help me move. I found a place not too far from where I am now that takes 30% of your income. I'm on SSI amd make less thatn 1K a months, so that would be nice.

Just gotta get ahold of the dude who happens to take the applications and finish paying a little back rent.

Lori

paul

Postby paul » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:27 pm

I hope it all comes together for you. Sounds like a good start.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:50 pm

paul wrote:As I portray in my semi-auto-biographical live poetry reading--

I announced in print 'way back in about 1985 that I intended to write an "unauthorized autobiography" someday. Unfortunately, somebody beat me to it (not about me -- about him).
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Return to “Webderlanders”