Peg

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Peggy

Everything new is old again

Postby Peggy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:07 pm

So yeah... I dropped off the face of the fora again for a while. Uh. 8 months or more. Mea culpa, tempus fugit. More than past time for an update.

Work got crazy starting in January and hasn't let up since. Project work (instead of technical) which makes me crazy and is likely to last most of the year, and response work on top of that in May & June.

The shoulder is pretty much better. Finished assisted PT in April and only final range to work on in the gym. And I started going to the gym for a few weeks, though I haven't been since May.

Recently, just to keep things in balance ,the universe decided I should get sciatica instead. Started a couple of weeks ago, gradually receding and is literally at this point a pain in the butt (and down the leg, calf, ankle, with some odd feelings in the foot). I'm probably 80% over it, no painkillers during the day, and cutting back for sleep. Unfortunately sitting up straight, standing/walking for more than few minutes in a row, generally activity beyond 3-4 hours, driving much, and laying flat still remain out of reach. So, I've been home from work the whole time (working part time remotely though).

Of course, this coincided with Doug's visit for some "real life". Which has been both more and less real than intended. Nonetheless it's all going swimmingly, and he's been a terrific caretakers and more than understanding of the whole semi-invalid state.

Other than that, still drinking a lot of wine and eating a lot of food, though I've managed to drop 5 pounds (courtesy of crazy work schedule rather than the gym)

Hope all are well. Condolences and congratulations as appropriate to everyone, and my apologies for being so out of touch.

Cheers
Peggy
"And if you're like me, you need hope, coffee and melody..." - Robbie Seay Band, "New Day"

Site Admin

Re: Peg

Postby Moderator » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:12 pm

Good to see you back, Peg. We've been catching up via your buddy "Finder", but your voice is a good one.

Next time you and the Doug in town we gotta go to Roy's in Newport. Fusion cuisine, and taste-flaringly good.

Welcome back.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:22 am

Missed you, Peggy

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Glad to hear your shoulder is mostly mended, Peg, but sciatica? That just ain't fair.

Keep visiting. And drink something decadent for me: I'm broke.

D.

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:11 pm

sciatica? That just ain't fair.

Buddy, you just don't know...

And drink something decadent for me: I'm broke.

Man, if you still have a bottle of the Rollingdale ice wine, you should take a look at what it's listing for and find yourself a buyer. It appreciated more than my liver could ever understand. :)

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:43 am

Hey Peg

Sorry to hear about your sciatica. I know what a pain (pun totally intended) that can be.

I know you didn't ask, but you may wanna consider hypnotherapy. I did one session about 3 years ago, and have yet to feel the pain. But I know my brain processes it, so if I want to do conventional treatment I can.

Of course YMMV, but it beats the hell outta taking pain meds all the time.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:32 pm

FinderDoug wrote:Man, if you still have a bottle of the Rollingdale ice wine, you should take a look at what it's listing for and find yourself a buyer. It appreciated more than my liver could ever understand. :)

I do still have a bottle, and--egad!--now I'm scared to handle it. (Thanks for the heads up.)

D.

paul

Postby paul » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:55 am

Good to hear from you Peg. I seem to recall you being a mostly Twitterfanatic, but I gave up on that long ago. Sorry to hear of your pain, but hey, five pounds is five pounds!
Really though, keep well.

Didn't they tell you? Chardonnay for the torso and Chianti for the lower half.

Stay well. Cheers,
Paul
The medium is the message.

Peggy

Postby Peggy » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Well, every time I post it seems to be to say, "hey, sorry I haven't been around." Um yeah. Again.

Between work and house and life and my other SM activities....keeping up is beyond me. Plus, admittedly, I have a cheat. I have Doug who fills me in on all the details and goings-on in the online world. <3 :D

The short version, building off what Doug has already shared, house bought, move done, endless projects, work the usual overly busy 10-12 hour days, but life on the outside with my sweetie very good. Back so-so - range of motion and flexibility pretty much normal but strength not. Unfortunately the rehab self-exercises turned out to aggravate my tennis elbow (took months to go away after the first round). So, it's the long slow road for me on that.Every so often, after a busy day of errands or a couple hours of yardwork, it makes sure to remind me I'm not the gal I used to be.

Nonetheless life marches on, to a sweeter tune with Doug by my side and a cozy-ish nest to share. :)

Hope everyone is well, and see you around, once removed.

Cheers
Peggy
"And if you're like me, you need hope, coffee and melody..." - Robbie Seay Band, "New Day"

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:37 am

Hey Peggy!

Don't worry, Doug has been kinda keeping both sides up to date with the changes. Looks like a beautiful house!

Glad to see you "kids" still having such a good time.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Return to “Webderlanders”