Peg

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Peggy

Peg

Postby Peggy » Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:47 am

I'm certain only the terribly bored are interested in this stuff but here goes...

Vital stats: 36, brown hair, hazel eyes, 5'2", 125# but it fluctuates, Christian.

Married (11yrs) to Mark, who is a much nicer person than me. Doesn't care for Ellison :roll: but he has lots of other redeeming qualities. :wink:

Chemical engineer by training, email engineer in practice. :lol: Enjoy my field, but not always my job.

Always swore I would never leave Southern California. True to form life has surprised me and I've lived in So Cal, Washington state, Alaska, and Aberdeen (Scotland) so far. Have learned that everyplace has aspects to enjoy and aspects to tolerate, and that it is always an eye-opening experience to see a new culture. Currently in Kuwait and probably here for the next 2-3 years.

Interests include travel, culinary & enological pleasures, TV & film, reading, music, and getting pampered. :D

I'm sometimes funny, sometimes goofy, sometimes geeky, sometimes nice, usually generous, often passionate, always opinionated. I'm passingly intelligent with a decent memory (which is starting to go!), but not nearly well-read enough for the crowd hereabouts.

dannelke01

Postby dannelke01 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:50 am

Last edited by dannelke01 on Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Jay Berman

Postby Alex Jay Berman » Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:06 am

Great to have you here, Peg. You'd been quiet of late, and considering where you currently now are, I was wondering whether I should worry.

Peggy

C'est Moi!

Postby Peggy » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:13 am

Barney - yep, it's me, although I don't recall being much of a frequent poster. I cannot comment on the R rated connotations (modesty prevents :twisted: ) but generally the nickname accounts for my rapid speech - which oddly, most of you have never experienced. Thank your lucky stars! I think only Lynn and Andrew have ever been subjected to me personally, and Harlan once on the phone.

Alex Jay - why thank you for your concern! :) Nothing to worry though, I'm doing well here aside from being overworked. Kuwait is probably the only country in the middle east who *likes* westerners for the most part.

I'm very busy on a short term project which is preceding my long term assignment - typical 12-14 hour days bookended by eating and sleeping (and eating is optional). Fortunately we get Starbuck's delivered. :D

Also, don't have internet capabilities at the hotel (very slow, anyway) so my only surfing is at work, and it's not too speedy either.

Back to the grind (or the plotter, as the case is tonight).

PeterPO

Postby PeterPO » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:35 am

Peggy! I'm glad you've found your way into the new treehouse. This one has features the old sandbox couldn't touch, including a rope for swinging and a firemen's pole.

Welcome.

---Peter

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:19 pm

Hiya Peg! How've you been?
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." -- Anton Chekhov

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:28 pm

Peg, you are cute as a button. :wink:

Peggy

new pastures

Postby Peggy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:48 pm

I have finally escaped Kuwait. I will not litter the public airwaves with a description of what I've endured the last 18 months but it will go down as the worst period so far in my life. :( Oddly, little of it was specific to living in Kuwait, though the situations were exacerbated by difficulties of being in that locale.

Nonetheless, the Groseth fugawi-clan has abandoned the arab desert culture of Kuwait for someplace even more strange.... Houston, TX. :shock:

Seem to be getting a collection of female HE fans down this way... Cindy, Amy, now me... seeds of a revolution? Could we be the cultural kudzu to remake the Texas literary landscape?
"And if you're like me, you need hope, coffee and melody..." - Robbie Seay Band, "New Day"

rich

Re: new pastures

Postby rich » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:42 pm

Peggy wrote:I will not litter the public airwaves with a description of what I've endured the last 18 months...

Please do. I mean, if it's not too painful and you wouldn't mind complete strangers reading and commenting knowledgeably about stuff we have no knowledge on and I'm not being too forward in my curiousity. At the very least, it'll get us past the elevator and SIN CITY.

akojen

Re: new pastures

Postby akojen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Peggy wrote:Nonetheless, the Groseth fugawi-clan has abandoned the arab desert culture of Kuwait for someplace even more strange.... Houston, TX. :shock:

Oh, let me welcome you with the first joke they told me when I moved to Texas.

Why doesn't Texas float off into the Gulf of Mexico?
Because Oklahoma sucks!

You can look forward to many such witticisms. Welcome to Bush/DeLay country. Ya Hoo.

(help me!)

Actually, I'd like to hear about Kuwait too, if it doesn't upset you.

Amy
"Now give me some inner peace or I'll mop the floor with ya!" -- Homer Simpson

Hafuse

Postby Hafuse » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 am

Too early...

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:29 am

He doesn't like Ellison? Peg, divorce his ass.

Peggy

things change, the center cannot hold

Postby Peggy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:01 pm

I'm not one for spreading my woes on the board. (Keith and FinderDoug heard the tale of Kuwait and can attest you won't have seen most of it here, and for good reason.). Which makes this post quite difficult. As I've mentioned on the Pavvy things have been rough and now progressed to a point where it's time to say something.

There is no easy way other than to simply say my husband and I have separated temporarily. I left about 2 weeks ago. I won't get into the details here - there have been issues for years. Those who've met us together will be surprised, but I suppose that's not uncommon in such circumstances. It's mostly me, and at best it will be difficult to resolve. For now I expect to be separated at least through January. We are doing counseling - I felt I owed that much - but it's been of limited use and I do not know that we will reconcile. As to the details and circumstances of why now, how, when, etc., my prefence is not to discuss that in general.

I have a very good support network here, good friends at work I've known for over a decade, so they know and are supportive (including my team lead). I've got a good friend checking in on me here in Houston, and a couple elsewhere pinging me (even daily).

There's not much more to say then that without getting detailed. I will be ok in the end.

All the best for the holidays,
Peggy
"And if you're like me, you need hope, coffee and melody..." - Robbie Seay Band, "New Day"

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:36 pm

Those who've met us together will be surprised, but I suppose that's not uncommon in such circumstances.

Hey Peg -- actually, this was my first reaction.

Mark Goldberg, I'm sure, is there with sage advice given the last year he's endured, but let me be there as well if'n you want to talk.

Sorry to read the news, but you need to do everything you can to be happy in this world.

Steve (and Cris)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Jan

Postby Jan » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:40 pm

See what you've done, Frank?!

Good luck, Peg. The main thing is that you're or on your way to being happy, is all I can say.

Return to “Webderlanders”