Alan Coil

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:
Holy smoke! Forrest Tucker and Edward Everett ("Fractured Fairy Tales") Horton were in the cast, too! And get a load of Marilyn Tucker, the "Kissing Squaw"! Man, you can get a sense of how stupid the show had to have been just by looking at the cast list. . . .

OK David

I know what character Forrest Tucker played, but which one was Edward Everett.

I totally adored Fractured Fairy Tales, but I thought the narrators last was Horton.

It was. I know it's a little ungainly, the way I wrote it above, but read it again.

Then check out the cast list and photos here:

http://www.f-troop.net/

You won't believe it!
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:12 pm

"I coulda had a V-8!" moment???? {{slaps oneself in the forehead}} (if not a V-8 moment, perhaps you were joshing?)

Edward Everett (Fractured Fairy Tales) Horton

Edward Everett Horton

played Medicine Man Roaring Chicken.

His first listed role was 1922. He played the Mad Hatter in Alice In Wonderland in 1933. He was in the Gay Divorcee in 1934, Top Hat in 1935, Shall We Dance in 1937, Arsenic and Old Lace in 1944, became the narrator for Fractured Fairy Tales in 1959, and eventually gets to play the Medicine Man for a tribe of inept Indians in 1965 (which today are called Native Americans). The only reason that the inept tribe of Indians was acceptable was that the F Troop itself was rather inept, thereby making the show a show of equals.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002143/

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:17 pm

Lori, I'm not ganging up on you. David's post wasn't there when I opened the page. I sorta got lost at imdb.com for a few minutes.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:31 pm

Alan Coil wrote:Lori, I'm not ganging up on you. David's post wasn't there when I opened the page. I sorta got lost at imdb.com for a few minutes.

Alan

It's all right. I used to watch reruns of the show when I was a kid. I had this really bad habit of waking up at like 2 in the morning and going into the living room to watch TV. Mom would always have to come out and put me back to bed.

I'm always willing to learn strange and mostly useless trivia. It's people like you who make me dangerous to watch Jeopardy with!

:D
Life, love and all the chocolate you can eat

Lori

purplelynn35@gmail.com

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Gonna rename this cat Alan Tesla.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:27 pm

When Trivial Pursuit first came out, I was one of the better players in my circle. I remember crap (in spite of not always being able to bring it out in a timely manner---2 days later, I'll remember the name I was looking for).

Who was the Prime Minister before Churchill? I didn't know. Several weeks later, I got the question again. I knew the answer that time, simply from remembering the correct answer from before.

I am a vast repository of useless knowledge. (Norm Crosby would have said 'suppository'.)

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:22 pm

Well, Happy New Year to everyone!

I sincerely hope 2009 is better than 2008.

I just finished moving. My new place is 30 miles from the old place, so the distance wasn't too much of a problem, but I have a lot of stuff. I hired 2 guys to help me move the heavier items, so that wasn't a problem, but we had to move the day of an ice storm--the helpers weren't available on any other day that week. Driving was slow in the morning, and the sidewalks were slippery during the move.

I have so much stuff. I have boxes of stuff that hadn't been opened since the last move 7 years ago. I am going through those boxes to see what is in them so I can throw it away/sell on eBay all the detritus from all these years of living. I even found one shoebox that had tax records from 1994-5-6.

Man, I have a lot of stuff.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Alan Coil wrote:Well, Happy New Year to everyone!

I sincerely hope 2009 is better than 2008.

By January 21 it will already be better than 2008 was.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:29 pm

David, I certainly feel the same. Hope is once again in my vocabulary.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:34 pm

Hope is the only thing we have.

Coil 2.0

Re: Alan Coil

Postby Coil 2.0 » Thu May 21, 2009 11:18 am

I had to re-register after the forum change, as I was registered under an old, defunct email.

Coil 2.0--same as the old, but older.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu May 21, 2009 11:23 am

Alan 2.0

Wasn't that a tv series???

:twisted:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Coil 2.0

Postby Coil 2.0 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 pm

I think it was a cop show starring Corporal Agarn.

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

I remember that one.

F-Cop!

Coil 2.0

Postby Coil 2.0 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:04 pm

I got nuttin'.

Just wanted to (temporarily) move myself to the top of the page.

That way the newcomers will know who the guy is that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Return to “Webderlanders”