Mark Goldberg v2

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

markabaddon

Re: Mark Goldberg v2

Postby markabaddon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Coming up for air now, after a rough stretch of moving in with the girlfriend, getting buried at work and partnering with a buddy on a proposal to do consulting work (on the side for me, his full time gig) for the United Nations. He has had past experience doing consulting work for them, so we have a pretty good chance of getting this assignment. It will mean some long hours for me through the Fall though, as I juggle the consulting stuff on the side with my full time day job.

My lawyer filed the response to the court yesterday, and added my ex to the suit. Lord only knows what the final outcome of this case will be, btu I made sure the original judge who ruled against my ex is aware of her non-complicity with his order

Mom seems to be doing OK, but she has been real tired lately. Her pancreas enzymes are bizarre right now, for unknown reasons. Another CAT scan is set for the middle to end of the month to see if the mass has spread

Off to poke around the boards and see what trouble Franky has gotten into while I have been distracted :D

Mark
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks for the update, Mark. Sounds like rough times, but certainly for the better in the long run. Glad to know you've moved in and are looking for some outside work to balance the books.

Only comment on your ex: "is aware of her non-complicity with his order" -- I believe you mean "compliance".

I'm reasonably sure he knew she wasn't complicit with his order.

Hope the CAT scan goes well.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Yeah, I meant non-compliance. Been a rough patch here, my friend.

It will be some long hours if I get this UN gig, but it could help position me as an expert within their organization, which might help with future consulting projects. Plus, I will have to take a trip to either NYC or Copenhagen to go with my partner as the technical expert to present the final findings, so that would be cool
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Fingers, toes, eyes, arms and all crossable body parts crossed for that to happen for you sooner than you expect Mark

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 am

Swinging through on my long orbit and sending good vibes, Mark.

Peggy

Postby Peggy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:26 pm

Long past catching up but you know I'm around if you need an ear. Hang in there. I won't lie and say it gets easier but it eventually gets bearable.
"And if you're like me, you need hope, coffee and melody..." - Robbie Seay Band, "New Day"

paul

Postby paul » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:43 pm

In all the hullabaloo we never did get more word on that UN gig, unless I missed it. What gives, ese?
The medium is the message.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Paul, no word from the UN. I checked with my friend lat last week and he still ahd not heard about the RFP we submitted, I have drinks with him tomorrow and will ask him if he has heard anything yet

Thanks to both Peggy & Doug for their good vibes. Mom had a rought night last night. I spoke to my Dad after the Phillies victory and he said she had a lot of pain in her abdomen and had to take a pain pill to go to sleep. My trepidation over the visit next week ain't lessening......

paul

Postby paul » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Good luck, talent and faith on all fronts, brother. Will chat soon.
The medium is the message.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 pm

We love you Mark. Your mother is a pip. You will see her again.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:32 am

Prayers going out for your family. Hopefuly mom gets better.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 am

Thanks guys, for all the support

I am trying to figure out how I can get back to Philly and if she would let me come even if I could swing it.

Lori, I owe you a call or email, but how was the visit with Keeney when he was in SF?

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:45 pm

You've got enough on your plate Mark. I can tell ya right here and now it never happened.

Which is kinda aggravating. I really do wanna meet me a webderlander or two. Who knows with Southwest doin its strange fare thingy, I may just fly down to LA, have me my Pink's and fly back home.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 am

For those who are interested (or just for me getting it down and out of my head), here are the details on my Mom:

She found blood in her stool this past weekend but said nothing about this until she went in to have her chemo on Monday. "Why," you ask, "would she not mention this potentially deadly situation?" Because it was my nephew's 1st birthday party on Saturday and she did not want to ruin the day for my sister. She never mentioned the blood until the nurses did a pre-chemo physical and found her hemoglobin had dropped a couple of points, at which time that stubborn fucking woman told the nurse about the blood. My sister blew a gasket, and for once I do not blame her.

She will be given a CAT scan on Wednesday to determine what is causing the bleeding, but the doctors are fairly sure it is due to the tumor growing and pressing on her small intestine. She is scheduled to receive a blood transfusion on Thursday. My question for my Dad was, isn't inetrnal bleeding a REALLY bad thing? Why wait until Wednesday or Thursday to address it? He said her hemogolbin did not drop a lot, so they are not worried about her bleeding out so waiting a few days should not pose any problems.

The discussion over whether or not to stop all treatment will most likely be on Thursday, I am trying to decide if I will sit in on that one via conference call. I asked about flying in again, possibly this weekend and my Dad's first reaction was no, but then relented and said he would talk to my Mom about it.

In other news (unfortunately again of the unpleasant variety), I have told one or two of you but my live in girlfriend lost her job last week. She is the Benefits Manager at the local newspaper, and her job is being eliminated effective Decmeber 28th. They are keeping her on through the Benefits Open Enrollment cycle and then letting her go. She has some leads, but as a number of you know, the job situation out there is pretty bleak.

I have a feeling my anger over both situations spilled out and factored into yesterday's outburst. I ain't justifying it, but hopefully it makes a little more sense now

Mark

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:07 am

Mark -

No need -- at all -- to apologize or justify your statement.

That's all. No need.

Focus on the important stuff, not this minor trivia.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Return to “Webderlanders”