Mark Goldberg v2

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:50 am

A devilish streak in our dear Ms Peggy? P'shaw.

P'shaw I tell you. :twisted:

Mark - Just out of curiousity, has the ex now dropped the whole BK approach? (Sorry if we're getting entirely too proctological in our questions. Just tell us to "move on" if needed.)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 am

No, you are not getting too "proctological" at all, although that does conjure some disturbing images.

The fact is I have no idea what is going on with her filing for bankruptcy. She has not mentioned it to me and I have followed the advice of many people in not discussing anything other than parenting matters with her. I doubt she has done anything, simply because the creditors would have then contacted me to obtain payment, but I really do not know
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:08 am

Congratulations on the new gig Mark!!!

Great news, and I'm really glad everything came through for you.

8) :!: :!: :!:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

paul

Postby paul » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 am

Barber wrote:Congratulations on the new gig Mark!!!

Great news, and I'm really glad everything came through for you.

8) :!: :!: :!:

Megadittoes!!

Yeah, I said it.

And I meant it.
The medium is the message.

markabaddon

Re: Mark Goldberg v2

Postby markabaddon » Thu May 21, 2009 11:57 am

Since I had to re-register anyway today, I figured I would share the latest update on the financial stuff relating to the divorce.

I filed paperwork shortly after starting my new job to have my child support reduced for two reasons: 1) my salary was about 11-12% lower than before and 2) my day care costs dropped about 25-30%. My lawyer said it was a slam dunk, that it would definitely be reduced. The judge took forever in coming up with a decision, but finally ruled against lowering the child support. My lawyer followed up with him, asked him a few weeks later to take another look at the case, and I heard back yesterday and the judge will not be revising his decision.

Also yesterday I received confirmation from my ex that she will be filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. While this is something she should have done long time ago, I wonder now how it might affect me if the credit card companies go after me to get some of their money, even though I have 2 court decisions and a hold harmless clause protecting me. I get 30 minutes of legal service through work and have an appointment with a bankruptcy attorney set up already. Not for me to look into declaring as I have my finances relatively in order, but to let me know how much exposure I have from her decision.

Ah divorce, the gift that keeps on giving (heartache, that is)
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu May 21, 2009 12:26 pm

Mark - Sorry to read of the continuing angst with the ex. I wish I could say I'm surprised or had never heard of this before, but yours is but yet another example of irresponsible ex versus attempting-to-be-responsible parent.

Unfortunately the courts hold a dim view of baseball bat negotiations, no matter how much it might seem like a good idea at the time.

Best of luck, my friend.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu May 21, 2009 1:43 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortune Mark.

You can't get another judge to take a look at things for you? I mean I can't see what it would HURT, and it just may help you.

I've never been in your position, so I'm not quite aware of how this all works.

Lori

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Fri May 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Thanks guys, since I have known about this decision for the last 3 months, I have pretty much made my peace with it, but I do not pretend to understand the judge's decision on this one

Lori, there really is no cause for appeal and, even if there was, I cannot take the financial chance that it would be rejected once again. This effort set me back almost 2 grand, and that was afetr my lawyer did not charge me for about half the work he did

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 am

To clairfy my posting in the Pavilion, someone kept buzzing to be let into my apartment building on Saturday morning. After a few minutes of this, with the person not responding as I called down, I went down to see what was up, thinking it might have been a little kid. I opened the door and soemone asked if I was Mark Goldberg. I said that I was and he said he had a package for me. I signed and was given a summons to court (sneaky sons of bitches)

The summons was for non-payment of the Citibank bill that my ex still has not paid on since May 2007, when I last paid her bills. The amount on this bill is $11,500. I can only expect another summons from bank of America at some point, as she ain't paid that bill either.

What frustrates me so much is that we had a financial arrangement, I kept my end of the deal, paid my bills down, and am finally getting myself back on my feet again. Now, even though I have a marriage termination agreement (that includes a hold harmless clause) saying that these debts are not mine as well as a second judgment enforcing that decision, I may have to either go to court or possibly declare bankruptcy as some form of protection because of her fucking inadequacues. Meanwhile, my best case is that I have to run up more legal bills to try to get out from under a burden that is not mine.

I do wonder if the situation would have turned out if I had followed harlan's advice and just been incredibly vicious right from the start, but I did nto want to put my kdis in the middle of that. Plus, I am not sure that it would have helped in enforcing any orderfrom the court, but right now my confidence in any decision I have made is at low ebb so second guessing myself is just a way to keep my mind of the shitter my life has become

I swear, this was not what I needed right now. The boys are being picked up around 5, then I am going to a buddy's house, and then to Karen' house after that. My plan is to get totally blitzed once I get to her house.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:21 pm

I would not advise that, Mark. Alcohol brings out the anger bugs. Best to have a clear head. Hugs. WASP hater..lol

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:26 pm

I have to agree with Frank, Mark...

(Crap. Somebody please pick Frank up off the floor.)

...but for different reasons. Yes, you should keep a clear head, but also tomorrow being a workday and one in which you will be acting on some of the legalities of your ex's incompetence.

I might suggest that you consult your attorney on two fronts -- one, were documents ever submitted to Citi or BofA declaring you no longer responsible for the debt? And two, what is the possibility of garnishing your ex's finances as compensation for both paying off the debts and the new legal bills. Yeah, it might be a pittance at first, but it would drive the point home that leaving you with her debt isn't going to fly in the long run.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm due for a break, but after reading about your additional woes, Mark, I'll gladly pass for your sake.

Unwind as best you can, my friend.

D.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:25 am

I ended up not getting sloshed last night. True, a buddy of mine did finish a bottle of wine (Sharecropper Pinot Noir, from Mr. Loftus' neck of the woods, an area outside of Portland, OR) but I was too concerned about he and his wife, who is on complete bed rest as she nears week 28 of her pregnancy that I did not have too mcuh to drink. This is their first kid and she has had a number of problems, so I brought over some dinner for them, and hung out as she is going bugfuck being forced to lay down for 23 hours out of the day

Called my lawyer this morning. He said he could handle this summons and would craft a response to the court. What made me nervous was when I asked him if he thought I would get stuck with this bill and he said “I hope not”. I realize he cannot guarantee anything, especially in light of some of the unlikely events that have already occurred with this case, but I was hoping for a bit more optimism and enthusiasm. At least this should not be a long drawn out process, as the court has a very defined time in which we are able to respond and to make a decision

Thanks for the support everyone, and Frankie, we are cool. Other than the disagreement about Israel, I generally dig your shtick

All the best,

Mark

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 pm

I have to agree with Frank, Mark...

(Crap. Somebody please pick Frank up off the floor.)

Frank can take care of himself . When's the last time you had a mental health check up?

Anyways.....

I'm really sorry to hear you're still getting raked over the coals with all this debt stuff Mark. FWIW, I've been praying for ya every time ya either pop up in thought, or I see ya on Facebook. At least you've got your family and the love of a good woman to get ya through this.

Here's hoping that this is soon solved and that neither you or the ex get too hurt financially and emotionally. Just wish I could be a bi more help!

*big ass hug*

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:26 am

Courage, man.

Sooner or later, this has gotta pass.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

Return to “Webderlanders”