Frank Church will steal your soul.

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

FrankChurch

Frank Church will steal your soul.

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:25 pm

Don't look into my eyes, you may never come back out.

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:29 pm

Can't you post them, I think I'm up to the challenge. :shock:

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:16 pm

But Jan, if Frank posts them to Germany, won't they start to smell? Airmail perhaps? Packed with some 'o' them blue freezer baggie thingies.

(Psst -- Hey Frank, "clean the foam from your puss"!?!?!
Erm...how *did* you know I was giving my cat a bath today....)

Jan

Postby Jan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:41 pm

I was thinking along the lines of a photo, but perhaps Frank is going for a moving effect with his eyes.

Frank, since you're into music as much as I am - have you seen this new Dylan quote?

"The records I used to listen to and still love, you can't make a record that sounds that way. Brian Wilson, he made all his records with four tracks, but you couldn't make his records if you had a hundred tracks today. We all like records that are played on record players, but let's face it, those days are gon-n-n-e. You do the best you can, you fight that technology in all kinds of ways, but I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years, really. You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like -- static. Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it. I remember when that Napster guy came up across, it was like, 'Everybody's gettin' music for free.' I was like, 'Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway.' " (Rolling Stone interview)

Breath of fresh air.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:00 pm

Jan wrote:I was thinking along the lines of a photo, but perhaps Frank is going for a moving effect with his eyes.

Oooh Jan, Frankie always has a moving effect with his eyes...especially when he wears mascara.:wink: Makes me shiver just to think about it...

Jan quotes Dylan:
Jan wrote:"The records I used to listen to and still love, you can't make a record that sounds that way. Brian Wilson, he made all his records with four tracks, but you couldn't make his records if you had a hundred tracks today.

Oh YEAH! Give me Pet Sounds any day over any of the crap coming out of the studios. BW was and is a genius. I saw him perform live at the SMILE concert and I'm just happy that he's recovered enough from whatever hell he descended into to be playing his music again.

A Wasted Mind

Postby A Wasted Mind » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:09 pm

...just as long as you don't steal my wallet...

Carstonio

Postby Carstonio » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:51 am

Does Frank have Lindsay Buckingham-type eyes, the ones that can wither your self-esteem with a look? Does he have Roma Downey-type Satan's-spawn eyebrows, the ones that suggest that he barely tolerates your very existence?

David Loftus

Postby David Loftus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 am

Gwyneth M905 wrote:Oh YEAH! Give me Pet Sounds any day over any of the crap coming out of the studios. BW was and is a genius. I saw him perform live at the SMILE concert and I'm just happy that he's recovered enough from whatever hell he descended into to be playing his music again.

Dylan and Wilson. Boy, are we getting old or what?

This morning I'm giddy as a kid wearing my new "Yellow Submarine" necktie at work . . . and thinking about seeing The Who live (first time) on Oct. 10.
War is, at first, the hope that one will be better off; next, the expectation that the other fellow will be worse off; then, the satisfaction that he isn't any better off; and, finally, the surprise at everyone's being worse off. - Karl Kraus

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:46 pm

Dylan seems to be getting a bit set in his ways. I actually like the new stuff coming out; I think Dylan is looking at recording the way some people fondly remember the Hula Hoop or something. Andre3000 of Outkast is a modern genius. Dylan might like his stuff.

My eyes are like those eyes that pop out in the cartoons--the dagger eyes only when I see a hot chick.

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:59 pm

[/img]
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

markabaddon

Postby markabaddon » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:02 pm

Sorry for the double post, I was trying to import a picture of what I thought Frank, and his spooky eyes, might look like, but could not import it.

Instead, here is a link to a picture of how I perceive our beloved Frank and his mesmerizing eyes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Dip.jpg
Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly toward aristrocratic forms. No gov't in history has been known to evade this pattern. And as the aristocracy develops, gov't tends more and mroe to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:09 pm

Harlan is right, in the internet is bad.

Jan

Postby Jan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:09 pm

I think Dylan has a point, though. I recently transfered some songs from record to mp3, and they sound GOOD. I have no idea what it is, neither does Dylan, but it's there. Today's music has adapted to digital format, of course, it sounds best on CD. Few things sounded good between 1980 and 2000, although we got used to it.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:21 pm

totally non sequitur to Frank's eyes unless it be the Frank 'ole blue eyes' Frank who doesn't look daggers at women or maybe he does...
What did you download, Jan? What are you listening to now?:)

Hey, who you callin old?':lol:'! I just discovered Brian Wilson last year! Luckily this was in time to catch the SMILE concert. Come on, neither of us have been 'buried along with our names' yet. I'll race 'ya, betcha' I'll catch 'ya. An if I catch 'ya...you're IT! All together now...We all live in a YELLOW SUBMARINE, YELLOW SUBMARINE, YELLOW SUBMARINE...

The Yellow Submarine is WAY KEWL!!!! It's my mom's fave Beatles' album.

I say that Frank's eyes are a cross between David Bowie's in the 1986 Jim Henson film 'Labyrinth' and...the wolf from the 1943 Tex Avery film 'Red Hot Riding Hood'.

Jan

Postby Jan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:15 am

Strange. My mother hated Yellow Sub, but loved everything else. I'm not listening to much now, but I gave Dylan a listen this week. What's the matter with America? This album goes to no.1??? I heard a Dylan biographer on CNN saying Dylan has achieved new levels of creativity after having been burned out throughout the 80's? Not even critics know what they're saying anymore, but we knew that. As far as I can tell, being the ignorant I am, the only decent music that came out of America this year was Neil Young.

Return to “Webderlanders”