AKA Demonocrites

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Douglas Harrison

AKA Demonocrites

Postby Douglas Harrison » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:04 am

Unlike many Webderlanders, I am a rather uninteresting person. Single and childless, I work six days a week in retail, read a lot, watch movies frequently, plan for future travel, and that's about it. I used to write poetry, but it gave me up.

Oh, and I like computer games.

D.

remarck

Postby remarck » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:14 am

Duuuuuuuude,

Douglas, as someone who has actually met you, and gone to dinner with you, I can say that you are far from uninteresting or boring. You do, though, have a self-deprecating way about you which borders on the unhealthy...likely a vitamin D deficiency. You need more sun. Move Souther. With some exposure, you can have good color like me.

-Keith

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:17 am

I was kind of wondering the same thing.

Like, who let Eeyore into the room???
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

BrianSiano

Re: AKA Demonocrites

Postby BrianSiano » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:38 am

Douglas Harrison wrote:Unlike many Webderlanders, I am a rather uninteresting person. Single and childless, I work six days a week in retail, read a lot, watch movies frequently, plan for future travel, and that's about it. I used to write poetry, but it gave me up.

Oh, and I like computer games.

D.

You're not alone on a lot of that.

I, for example, have a different job.
"Everything... Everything... Everything gonna be all RIGHT this mornin'..."
-- Muddy Waters

A Wasted Mind

Postby A Wasted Mind » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:24 pm

Douglas, are you sure you're not just suffering from an excess of Canadian modesty?

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:26 pm

Oh, man, I do sound mopey. And falsely modest. I must need some attention or something.

Thanks to those of you that have obliged.

Still, I honestly think my life looks a bit dull to the casual observer. Certainly I don't show a lot of personality at work, where I'm Mr. Pleasant-and-Informative-Though-Slightly-Stressed-Out. I do like to tell absurd stories when among friends, however.

If only I had friends, sigh ...

Transparently,
D.

Gwyneth M905

Postby Gwyneth M905 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:13 am

Douglas Harrison wrote:I do like to tell absurd stories when among friends, however.Transparently,
D.

Douglas, baby, ya' got friends here! ':D' Tell us some absurd stories! More absurd the better !!!! Especially involving um....rubber....yeah...that's it...
Transparent Canadian Rubber.
Hey, Frank was talking about Bush nuking Canada! You're just the man to save the DAY!!!!!':D'!!!!
So tell us a story, please, pretty please?

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I've been absent from the board for a while while I took a driving course through the university. I'm now licenced to drive anything on the road and can start a new career as a truck driver--my answer to a failed home business and a crappy economy.

Yay!

D.

reddragon70

Postby reddragon70 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:21 pm

Hey you never know.... you could be the one and only truck driver in this forum. I am willing to bet that I am possibly the only train driver here anyway.

Thankfully no matter how bad the economy gets there is always a need to get goods from A to B and likewise a need to get people from same to same.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:13 pm

Douglas Harrison wrote:I've been absent from the board for a while while I took a driving course through the university. I'm now licenced to drive anything on the road and can start a new career as a truck driver--my answer to a failed home business and a crappy economy.

Yay!

D.

Huh.

Lessee. On the road. Away from an office cubicle. Decent money.

Drive on, D, drive on.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

cynic

Postby cynic » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:46 pm

i missed your voice ,good drivers are hard to find,wear your seat belt ,beware black ice.happy holidays.

Alan Coil

Postby Alan Coil » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:22 pm

And I may possibly be the only deadbeat on the forum. I haven't worked since July 31, 2007, and have no further plans to work in my life.

I'm a deadbeat, I tells ya!

Congrats on the new career.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'm looking forward to getting away from my apartment, and I won't mind the physical side of the job.

Lotsa trucking jobs in Western Canada, Iain, but they should damned well have more trains.

D.

Douglas Harrison

Postby Douglas Harrison » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:50 pm

Alan Coil wrote:I'm a deadbeat, I tells ya!

Hey, if you were simply "beat," you could be on the road, too.

D.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 am

Dougie, a very wise move. Truckers make the big bucks, plus you are on the road, your own man. Truck stops are wonderful places to find just the right brand of skank.

Return to “Webderlanders”