Peluquero Redux

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Re: Peluquero Redux

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:47 pm

OK, so you've heard the same basic thing from three of the most intelegent people on the planet that I'm aware of. WTF is taking you dude.

Just remember if she could afford a seasons pass to Disneyland, surely she can afford a motel or hotel room until her landlord can take care of things.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Got it, thanks Lori.

As you probably just read on the Pav, she gave us a very sweet card and a little money, telling us she'd wired the money to buy the condo to the bank. Looks like we're at the end.

Fingers, etc, still crossed.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 pm

All my fingers are crossed as well. Makes tYpInG a LiTTlE hArd.

cHUCK
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 pm

And here are some musical novelties in the spirit of a lighter, brighter mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2rjEUpmzow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs0LRwpAdzM
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

paul

Postby paul » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 am

Not much to say that's not already been said. Good Luck and a very Happy Christmas!
The medium is the message.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Barber wrote:Got it, thanks Lori.

As you probably just read on the Pav, she gave us a very sweet card and a little money, telling us she'd wired the money to buy the condo to the bank. Looks like we're at the end.

Fingers, etc, still crossed.

Sorry about that Mr. Barber....

I just hate seeing such wonderful people being taken advantage of like that... But, it seems to me that things are getting back to normal.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:47 pm

No need to be sorry about anything. It's rather nice when friends get their hackles up on your behalf.

She also paid her half of a plumber bill. Today she collected the keys and began the process of shoveling clean the mess the tenant left behind. Let's hope she is able to celebrate Christmas in her own home and property. She (and we) deserve(s) it.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:06 am

4 months, 11 days or
133 days
11,491,200 seconds
191,520 minutes
3192 hours
19 weeks

Bit of a confrontation last night -- I'm getting weary and impatient, as is Cris, who spoke with our guest's boyfriend.

Leading up to this, on Monday Cris noted I'd been a bit harsh when our guest said she'd planning on going to work on the house "a little" the next day. I just blurted something to the effect of "Are you kidding me? In your situation I'd be dying to move in and be there ALL THE TIME trying to get it fixed up!" To reinforce the point, Cris even prodded her further, going with her yesterday to work on cleaning the place. (The previous tenant really trashed it out and lived in a dump. It's pretty disgusting from what Cris has said.)

But when she got home yesterday I just asked what she'd heard about the escrow closing. She looked a little surprised, just kind of wangled her phone around and said "I dunno, Ann", her agent, "hasn't called me yet."

Me: "Yeah, but...haven't you called HER?"
Guest: "Um, not, not really. I figured she'd call."
Me: "Call her."

She texted instead.

Not yet.

Cris and I left for dinner with friends, and when we got back she asked if I had laundry in the dryer (I did) and asked, very nicely, if my stuff was dry. It was, so I removed it. Then I opened the washer. Like five items in it. A complete wash cycle for five items. So I mentioned it. Told her she should really do larger loads instead of running a full cycle, using water and electricity, for just a few things. (I know, four months later, but dammit I'm getting impatient.) (Plus, Cris noted later that she's now using our detergent apparently, after running out of her own.)

Our guest shut down talking to me -- reminding me of the silent treatment one gets from an angry teenager. She practically didn't look at me all evening. I'm the bad guy. I predicted this.

Good news, however, is that her boyfriend gets it now after both Cris and I took turns letting him know we needed his help. He senses we're near breaking and told Cris last night that he would make sure she effectively moved out Friday night, and taking her stuff over the weekend.

We'll see.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:49 am

Your life is a soap opera, Barber baby.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:45 am

FrankChurch wrote:Your life is a soap opera, Barber baby.

Seriously. I am hoping for cancellation of this particular story line at some point in the near future. :?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:38 pm

4 months, 17 days
139 days
12,009,600 seconds
200,160 minutes
3336 hours
19 weeks

She's been absent since New Years Eve, leaving us to care for her dog and bird, but with no updates on the status of her house or move. We began rearranging things in her room and putting some of her things on the bed so that we can get at some of the things we need for the new year.

Further, the deponent sayeth naught lest it become testimony in court.

paul

Postby paul » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:43 pm

I hope that the final move is accomplished with great sighs of relief and a chorus of Hallelujah ringing throughout the halls. Congratulations, or perhaps I should say, cheers!

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Okay.

So. She moved on January 5th.

4 months, 19 days
or
141 days
or
12,182,400 seconds
203,040 minutes
3384 hours
20 weeks (rounded down)

One caveat. She left her dog here "for a few days until after I paint".

The dog is still here.

150 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 4 months, 28
or
150 days or
12,960,000 seconds
216,000 minutes
3600 hours
21 weeks (rounded down)

paul

Postby paul » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 am

"The idea is to be unrestrained by categories" - Kurt Elling :twisted:

Or, put another way: "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."

I know. It probably really didn't feel that way at the time. It's good to know the light at the end of the tunnel isn't another train coming towards you.

paul

Postby paul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 am

Passing along good vibes and speedy recovery wishes to Cris. Hang tough sister.

Rule #1- When they rate the pain level on a scale of 1 to 10, they really aren't talking about YOUR scale. Buggers.

Return to “Webderlanders”