Peluquero Redux

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

diane bartels

Re: Peluquero Redux

Postby diane bartels » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Steve, not TMI. You and Cris have helped us all by listening and cheering us up. I agree with Lori. I had more than a bit of otherwordlieness to me. Bills - things my dad paid. Laundry something my mom did.It was evenutally when I got out and had to grow up that things changed a little for me. I think your roomie could and would benefit from counseling re many things. You will be doing her an enormous favor if you can get her to see the reality of her situation. Something like"Dear, have you thought about applying for a job at the mall? It will help with your expenses." Hope it works out for you guys.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone.

I am almost beside myself at the moment. Spitting nails.

Our roommate told Cris that she renewed a Disney annual pass last night to the tune of $649. Premium pass.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Okay, that leaves me speechless. Unbelievable.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Barber

Why don't you send her a bill? Address it to her at your home and everything.

That's just above and beyond being brass balled IMO!

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm having one of those evenings with this thing. Where you're so mad you really don't trust yourself to talk, but at the same time have to understand that the other person may not have a clue as to why you're being curt. Doesn't matter. I'm sure it will surface, and I'm not sure how she's going to handle it. I'm asking for rent if she's not gone in a week.

By my calculation -- and I'm going to share this -- we've saved her some $4000 in rent and utilities. And this doesn't count things like cable and internet, which are fixed costs.

I guess it was our turn at the turmoil bat.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm

Steve, you and Cris have every right to be mad. And you both are way too nice people for this to happen too.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks Diane -- That may be what got us into this.

3 months, 27 days
or
119 days
10,281,600 seconds
171,360 minutes
2856 hours
17 weeks

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 pm

4 months, 2 days
or
124 days
10,713,600 seconds
178,560 minutes
2976 hours
17 weeks

Now the keys are supposed to be turned in Friday.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm crossing all my fingers, toes, legs and both eyes for you Barber.

I may not get much done today, but you're worth it!

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 am

Actually - and I say this with tongue only mostly in cheek - at what point does someone go from 'Guest' to 'Dependent' for tax purposes?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:52 pm

FinderDoug wrote:Actually - and I say this with tongue only mostly in cheek - at what point does someone go from 'Guest' to 'Dependent' for tax purposes?

Not too far from our own "tongue in cheek" discussion. Just a short time ago I asked Cris if we could a) charge our guest for the time we spend petsitting her dog (two to three days a week while she spends the night at her boyfriend's) or b) charge for storage of her stuff, playing on the rather ironic resentment she feels toward the seller because she has to pay $350 per month to Public Storage to keep her OTHER stuff safe.

(A month or so ago she was able to get some payment by the seller to cover some of the storage expenses, and completely missed the point when I asked how much WE got.)

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Barber

I know this would never occurr to you, what you being the kindly and wonderful person we've all come to know and love.

But, and mind you it's my not so humble opinion, but there comes a time when one has to become something they may be uncomfortable with in order to get something important done.

Your visitor was suppose to be leaving, and she hasn't. Maybe it's time to change the boxers in for a pair of tighty whities and tell her she needs to go.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 pm

4 months, 4 days
126 days
10,886,400 seconds
181,440 minutes
3024 hours
18 weeks

Fucking Hell.

It's 11am. She just got up, fed her dog, poured a bowl of cereal and turned on the tv.

She still hasn't confirmed she gets the keys tomorrow.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Can it be?

She just texted Cris the IRS lien, the major sticking point, is lifted.

Dare we...no, no. Shan't go there (yet)!

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:15 pm

BTW, Lori, I'm not too far off from your suggestion.

And I'll also note that we got two calls yesterday from the Aztec Temple -- the first from the man of the house telling me flat out to stop being so nice and bring the hammer down lest we end up on Judge Judy, and the second ten minutes later from the Mrs reiterating what was just said. And adding that if I listened carefully, they were playing the world's smallest violins for our roomie.

Return to “Webderlanders”