Hello

Introduce yourself here. One post per person. Use replies to those to discuss someone.

Moderator: Moderator

Doghouse Reilly

Hello

Postby Doghouse Reilly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:05 pm

This is my first visit but hopefully not my last. I just heard about something called "Star Trek: New Voyages," which is apparently some "new" Star Trek which is only available on the internet. Is there any chance they could produce a proper version of "City on the Edge of Forever"? Has anyone seen it? It sounds like it might be like the cheesy Klingon ST shows I used to see on the cable access channel here in Minneapolis years ago.

CEC

Postby CEC » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:01 pm

Hi - Good to meet you. Is this new Star Trek one of those fan things or an "Official" Star Trek event?
I have to say, though, I have a taste for cheese.

Chris

Doghouse Reilly

Postby Doghouse Reilly » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:48 pm

CEC wrote:Hi - Good to meet you. Is this new Star Trek one of those fan things or an "Official" Star Trek event?
I have to say, though, I have a taste for cheese.

Chris

Hiya. I'm not sure. I found it byaccident on imdb.com. I haven't take the trouble to download any of the episodes. I think they have permission from Paramount to use the license as long as they don't make any money from it.

Jan

Postby Jan » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:58 pm

Most people work on the show for free, so Harlan would have to pretty much donate his script to them. The episodes out so far do not approach television standards in terms of acting, storytelling and production value. They would be unable to do the original version justice at this time.

Return to “Webderlanders”