Rear-Ended.

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Chuck Messer

Rear-Ended.

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:11 pm

About two hours ago, I got rear-ended. Again. This time it was a guy in a Jeep. My '65 Barracuda got hit - twice. My '82 Honda got rear-ended by full-sized Chevy Blazer. Now my Suzuki got hit. Twice. The first time was earlier this year and was just a bump. The second time was a real WHAM-O! I see the other vehicles on the road and the vast majority of them aren't dented.

Why me? I know, why not me. It feels like shit. I just wish people would stop hitting my car.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Steve Evil

Re: Rear-Ended.

Postby Steve Evil » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:52 pm

I feel your pain - I've also had two collisions in less than a year, ruining two different cars. I'm actually afraid to drive now. Ten years of a spotless record, then "BAM! BAM!" all at once. I can't win!

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 pm

Was there snow?

Be good Charles.

Steve Barber

Postby Steve Barber » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Chuck
I haven't driven in snow for many years, but recognize the risk that comes with other drivers' ineptitudes.

Other than suggesting you "stop stopping", there's little I can offer beyond "at least you were in front, and not skating into someone else" -- which tends to raise insurance rates.
All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Chuck Messer

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 pm

There was no skating involved. Temperatures were in the forties, the pavement was dry. It was chilly but not all that cold. The guy behind me should have looked back to his right before he stomped on the accelerator. And I mean, STOMPED.

This sucks.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:44 am

Ironically right up the street from a here a truck went right into a bakery. Fucking wild.

Be thankful to be safe Charles.

Return to “General”