Your morning routine

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Site Admin

Re: Your morning routine

Postby Moderator » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 pm

FrankChurch wrote:Barber, I'd suspect it was concern over Frankie the cat.

No, he's been gone for a month now. I miss him, but am not concerned about him.

Too many random ideas running through my mind.

If I could only figure out why I had a dream that I was photographing Bloomingdale's Christmas windows, right before I woke up.

:shock:
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Barber wrote:
FrankChurch wrote:Barber, I'd suspect it was concern over Frankie the cat.

No, he's been gone for a month now. I miss him, but am not concerned about him.

Too many random ideas running through my mind.

If I could only figure out why I had a dream that I was photographing Bloomingdale's Christmas windows, right before I woke up.

:shock:

About that last sentence...

Prehaps a not so subtle reminder to start planing your Christmas trip NOW?

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Lori Koonce wrote:

Possibly, but that's what I did LAST year!

(it's a helluva note when your Flashbacks go from drug induced terror to Norman Rockwell memories.)

(And I'm not sure which is scarier.)
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am

Steve, my guess would be a longing to return to happier more innocent times, and a hope for personal piece and world piece. Plus while you know you and Cris more than did your duty by Frankie and your other animals, this is the time of year when we all long for the people and animals that have gone before us. Doug's recent loss have brought back my parents and others to me vividly. Bloomingdale's window at Christmas represents I suspect for you what Marshall Field's windows and State St. represent for me this time of year = innocence, happieness, a time when family and friends, including pets, were all together and all happy. And all I can say is this place is a sanctuary because of you and everyone one. And I'll listen to any of you anytime. Lori, pass the pumpkin spiced latte please and lets have some scones.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:10 am

Steve, my guess would be a longing to return to happier more innocent times, and a hope for personal piece and world piece. Plus while you know you and Cris more than did your duty by Frankie and your other animals, this is the time of year when we all long for the people and animals that have gone before us. Doug's recent loss have brought back my parents and others to me vividly. Bloomingdale's window at Christmas represents I suspect for you what Marshall Field's windows and State St. represent for me this time of year = innocence, happieness, a time when family and friends, including pets, were all together and all happy. And all I can say is this place is a sanctuary because of you and everyone one. And I'll listen to any of you anytime. Lori, pass the pumpkin spiced latte please and lets have some scones.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:05 am

Barber wrote:
Lori Koonce wrote:

Possibly, but that's what I did LAST year!

(it's a helluva note when your Flashbacks go from drug induced terror to Norman Rockwell memories.)

(And I'm not sure which is scarier.)

Your sleeping, you really expect your brain to come up with grand getaways at a time like that? Silly boy, you body doesn't wanna work, why expect the central control system to want to be any different?

And trust me, the drug induced flashbacks are the better of the two. You know they are not true. Those other ones are what, IMO, some are trying to turn this nation into. Which should strike the fear of God into even an Atheist like Harlan.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 pm

I'm always dreaming of being in a large room that needs to be cleaned but it is a mess, but I worry that someone is coming over and they will see the mess.

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm

These last couple days, it's been sleeping through my alarm and running to catch my lift, who's waiting patiently outside. . .

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Morning routine thus:

1) Say good morning to my honey, since she gets up before I do.
2) Check email on the phone.
3) Roll out of bed as close to 6:27am as possible.
4) Walk the 30-odd steps to the back room and my office. Sometimes, instead of going through the library, I take the scenic route via the living room, dining room and kitchen. That's about 50 steps.
5) Boot the PCs at 6:30 and start work.
6) At some point in the half-hour to 45 minutes after that, my honey brings me coffee and, unless I've fetched it myself before then, a yogurt or something else for breakfast.
7) I pause to open the back gate and see her off to work when she's ready, then I collar the cat and let him out (except on Thursdays, which is trash/recycle day, in which case bins get dragged to the curb first). And I go back to work.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Doug

Sounds harsh and not too fun, but someone's gotta do it.

Seriously though, I wish I could have that nice way to work.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:42 am

You need a husband first. lol

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 am

Frank

You seem to be forgetting that he doesn't quite have a wife yet either... Sure, we are only a few weeks away from it but still.

Return to “General”