Wonder when I grew such a giant pair....

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Chuck Messer

Re: Wonder when I grew such a giant pair....

Postby Chuck Messer » Mon May 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Lori:
It was several months ago I told you I thought you had the courage of a lioness. And there you are! I don't think Harlan's going to give you a smack-down over your comments. I'd say they were a fair enough statement of your feelings on the subject.

Now we will see what Tim Raven will do now -- if anything.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

Site Admin

Postby Moderator » Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Hey, no fraternization over coffee without me and Gwynnie!! :wink:

Again, I have to echo David. As I've said repeatedly around here, what happens behind the scenes may not necessarily be reflected on the computer screen.

Harlan is a good and true friend to many of us, and I believe Tim to be a good person based on very limited interaction at Pink's. Yeah, he wrote some truly nasty things but I trust Harlan's judgment completely...and there's no small amount of risk on his part if things go awry. Tim knows that. Harlan knows that.

But, ya know what? If it were me on the downside of this thing, I'd really depend on Harlan to lay it out and set me straight behind the scenes. Not publicly. Publicly he'd have my back, and I'd thank him for it.

So, y'know, I can't really do more than trust in our friend and hope it goes well. I've been kicked in the teeth -- as I know each and every one of us have. True friends are those who support you, try to set you straight, but let you know (privately) when you fall. And then, if/when you do, make the consequences clear.

I really respect Lori and Diane for speaking up, and will defend their right to make their point. I don't believe either of them are disrespecting Harlan by simply asking ... Perhaps jaw on the ground... "why?"

I would only hope that my friends all have such open honesty with each other if it were me in this situation.

Just sayin'
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Mon May 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Barber

You want coffee with me and the rest of the SF contingency? Tell your bosses to quit sending you to Bum Fuck Phoenix and to send you up here! Or, take Cris on a weekender. Either way it would be nice to see you again.

About this other thing. You and I see this from almost diametrically opposed positions. Believe it or not, I used to be a female version of our Mr. Raven. Actually I was worse, because I actually almost paralleled my mom in a paranoia caused by a really fucked up sleep cycle due to a bout of depression.

And even though I was thoroughly unprepared for it, and against my mom's wishes, I was kicked out of my home. Granted I was 28 and should have been gone by then, but my father did what he though the best for him and his wife. What I'm sure he knew then, and I know now, it was the best thing he could have done.

Talk about needing to button up and fly straight. My very LIFE depended on it.

Tim has a level of awareness that is really good for a person with depression. He's got the capacity to not cause the havoc he seems to. I do believe that he should be held to a higher standard than Harlan is doing, but it's not my place to say anymore than I all ready have. Rick now knows that there is some 'native opposition" to this, and it is up to him and Harlan to do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I just couldn't sit by and let someone who has had a really vital part of me becoming who I am be shat upon. I know it's not going to change a damned thing, but I'm all right with that. I can always leave if things happen the way I expect them to. And as I said before Harlan will always write, and I will always read what he writes, and that's the best that can be expected under the circumstance.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue May 15, 2012 8:55 am

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed May 16, 2012 2:57 pm

“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed May 16, 2012 2:59 pm

I think we all need a rousing chorus of Come on Eileen. By Dexy Midnight somethings. Could someone savvy in the ways of computers please post the link Please with sugar on top??

David Silver

Postby David Silver » Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 pm

We don't stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing.

-- George Bernard Shaw

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Wed May 16, 2012 3:08 pm

ty David

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Is this what they call thread drift?

Hmmm...women love it when guys fall down and squeal, is that right? Worth a try. :D

I have the same taste in women as Prince in case anybody cares.

Although I appreciate t&a as much as the next hetero what really attracts me to a woman is her eyes.

And my favorite color is that inky blue the sky takes on when the stars first come out on a crisp cold winter evening.

Ok I'll stop now.

ps Does anybody but me find it moderately humorous for Prince videos to have contraception adverts?
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Thu May 17, 2012 2:01 pm

Yesss, there you go. Apolonia is a real cutie as is Sheila E, both dated and loved on by Captain Purplepuss. Wendy Melvoin is a hottie, but she is a lesbian, so too bad, but her sister is straight and also a hottie. Prince did date her.

He loves latinas now it seems. Once again, great taste.

Horny boy, here's P's last wifey:

http://images.zap2it.com/images/celeb-6 ... rcia-1.jpg

More,

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/27255861.jpg

Pup tents, yup.

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu May 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Reminder: The thread isn't about Prince or his dating life....

In other words Ezra and Frank, please go derail another thread, not this one.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Thu May 17, 2012 9:06 pm

You used to like it when I opened up and now you give me the boot... sniff

I'm just second hand news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzZlWQKlNY

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 am

Ezra Lb. wrote:You used to like it when I opened up and now you give me the boot... sniff

I'm just second hand news...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlzZlWQKlNY

Ezra

I still lust after that big brain of yours, always have always will.

But I'm enough of a selfish little bitch that I want one spot in the world, all about Lori all the time.

Please accept the following as a way of apology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_er72QbMpk

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 pm

We only did it because this thread has limits, beyond admiration of your ladyballs.

Ladyballs are like magic 8 Balls, but they also tell the time.

Return to “General”