Uncla Harlan's vasectomy

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Complex

Uncla Harlan's vasectomy

Postby Complex » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:27 am

OK I know this is personal but Harlan Ellison talked about his vasectomy at the University of Colorado when he said that he's still bleeding from vasectomy so how come he had it? I mean I heard him once talking lovingly about little kids so how come he never wanted to have any of his own? But then he also likes to call everybody "a kid" that almost sounds scolding. For instance I listened him giving an interview to some guy that he called kid and then at the end he asked him how old is he and he said 50.

I know, for instance, Asimov was against kids because there are too many people already on this planet and that he claimed how he only had kids by pure accident and then later on he urged his kids never to have any of their own.

Ezra Lb.

Re: Uncla Harlan's vasectomy

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Complex, assuming your question is not farcical or rhetorical, and that you are a genuine seeker after truth, allow me to point you toward the short story collection, STRANGE WINE, and the story Croatoan, including HE's introduction.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:07 pm

That tends to be the democratic line--free choice when it comes to abortion, but you should have responsibility when it comes to wearing rubbers, not having pregnancies you cannot afford.

NeonMosfet

Postby NeonMosfet » Sat May 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Do read Crotoan. It will tear your heart out.
Myopia Through Convexed Harlequins

Return to “General”