Cinevent II

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

diane bartels

Cinevent II

Postby diane bartels » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Hi, guys. I want to come back to LA, but in a more planned fashion in Jan. for Cinevent. So my question is/are: What is the best airport to fly into if I fly into LA? If I fly into Frisco, pick Lori up, can we then rent a car or take a greyhound to LA> Where is the theater? Tim, were you serious re your offer for a place to stay? I will provide food ect. As I am hoping my job at Rehab will have started by then, I can only spend like two and a half/ three days. But lets really plan this out. It would be super duper great to see you guys and HE and Susan again and to meet Lori and maybe Gwynnie.

DB

Lori Koonce

Re: Cinevent II

Postby Lori Koonce » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:10 pm

Diane

I'm sure Tim is serious about a place to stay. Either that or he was batshit crazy when he posted an announcement on the Pavy about it a few days ago.

We can do Jet Blue to Long Beach and then rent a car. It's 58 bucks one way. The bus may be a bit more than you wanna spend.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Diane, I hope you can afford to pay for the trip, if not, some of you rich Webders should help her out.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Well actually Frank, I live in a trailer park with a lot of little old ladies and young pregnant mothers. I figured it should be easy peasy to get into their houses on pretense of carrying groceries, etc, and make of with any wads of cash, valuable Hummels, old LPs, that might be laying around. You have no idea how unsteady on their feet and easy to knock into next week this group of folks are. So no worries. :P

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:20 am

Send me some cash then. :mrgreen:

FinderDoug

Postby FinderDoug » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 am

Diana - Aim for the Hummels with crown-looking Goebel trademark - they're the older ones. :)

Kidding aside, I hope everything aligns for you, Diane. I'm sorry to miss it. I'll even let you carry my proxy this time instead of Steve. He only ever uses it to vote for those little cocktail hot dogs in the sauce to be on the buffet. :)

And would someone ask him for a thumbnail summary of his "Batman" script? Inquiring minds and all.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:14 am

Hi everyone. As it turns out, I'm probably not going to be able to make Cinevent. Frank was right, I can't currently afford it. Hope everyone has a good time who goes.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 pm

Diane, sorry to hear that. Hope you will watch the even online.

Return to “General”