About Frank

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

About Frank

Postby Lori Koonce » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Gang

I've been meaning to ask the general population this question for quite some time now, and with his recent bit of spouting now seems as good a time as any.

I don't understand why we keep on trying to change his mind about the things he says that we don't agree with. It should be obvious to anyone whose been here awhile that we aren't going to change his mind.

There's no way around it, he's either baiting us or being a butt on purpose. Either way it is just damned boring. Perhaps if we just let him be, he's see that there are better way of dealing with us.

Chuck Messer

Re: About Frank

Postby Chuck Messer » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm

I agree, Lori. Arguing with Frank is like boxing with the tar baby. I simply don't bother. I don't dislike Frank, and have no idea what his circumstances, etc. are. After all, we are all wearing the mask of the internet here.

I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. Like you, I don't want to be cruel to Frank, but none of us has to let ourselves be driven to distraction, either.

Chuck
Some people are wedded to their ideology the way nuns are wed to God.

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Frank, dont get hurt by this, cause as mad as I have been at you in the past, i really do like and care for you. Lori, I think it's like a sore or loose tooth and you just cant leave it alone, or a mosquito bite you scratch till its red and inflamed. You know it's bad for you, and does no good, but you cant help it.

I know with all my heart that Frank is intelligent and well informed at least about the subjects he care about. And he can argue so rationally when he wants. But when you catch him in an inaccuracy or logical fallacy or nonsense, as we all do and say at time, he won't concede and just dances away to a new aspect. This frustrates me no end. Or it did. I'm in a better place with Frank these days. Our Barber is a wise and kind man. And I prayed. And I really do like Frank and admire him sometimes. So that's my take on it all.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:16 am

Frank is the coolest guy on the planet and he is seldom wrong. Yeaaaaaaaa Frank.

Lori, what's wrong with living in a world where we have differing opinions? Remember, mine coincide with the enlightenment. A good place to be.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:17 am

Sounds like an indy drama of epic proportions: About Frank. haha

Lori Koonce

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Frank

I would rather die than live in a world where everyone thought as I do. That's not the problem.

When I wrote the original post, I was really frustrated with myself and the way I get so upset with you when you don't answer questions. I was hoping to get some responses and figure out a better way to deal with the situation.

And I got just what I wanted. What Diane said makes a lot of sense. And it's something I do a lot. Nit pick a situation until it explodes in my face and I get all bent outta shape at the wrong person.

Lets just leave it at this, if you ever came to SF, I'd be the first one at the airport to greet ya and maybe even get you a beer or three. You are a good guy, and as diane said when you choose to do it, you can be as well spoken and intellegent as anyone here. I just get frustrated with your choices at times.

*stands and opens arms wide for a hug* You are a beloved and necessary part of the Forums. Just remember that.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 pm

About Lori: What a good egg.

We are all searching. Even me.

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Frank's a spittoon in a brothel. Fuckin git.

Return to “General”