Ellison Shelf-Culling

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

FinderDoug

Ellison Shelf-Culling

Postby FinderDoug » Sun May 08, 2011 10:17 pm

The consolidation of two collections of Harlan Ellison books (with the dedicated co-habitation of two Ellison fans) has resulted in an opportunity to cull the herd and eliminate some duplicate Ellison items. And with Rick's permission, we'd rather Ellison fans get a first crack here before we start hauling the lot to bookstores for consideration, or resort to eBay, Craigslist, or turning them into a Houston Art Car. (Donation is also an option, but anything that can help pay down school loans is going to get a try first. Except the Art Car thing, which is pretty cool.)

I'm not going to post the list (38 items) – if you're interested, please email me at finder.doug@gmail.com for the list and further instructions.

Two Caveats:

One: if you find something on the list that Susan is selling through HERC, please go purchase it from Susan instead. First, I don't want to pick Harlan's pocket. Second, your book from HERC will be new, fresh, and defaced by Harlan instead of by the slow march of time. This is much like getting a puppy from the farm instead of a busted greyhound from behind the race track.

Two: The list is fairly pedestrian. If you're looking for a used copy of “Sex Gang” or the Hebrew edition of “Dangerous Visions”, you may be disappointed. There are a couple of harder-to-find original printings of things, but no signed bits (those were all keepers), no rare duplicates, nothing uber collectible (though some items I'd call less common). A lot of the books are strictly readers, well-loved, well-thumbed bits that filled the shelf until replacements came along, and so on.

Requests for the list will be accepted for two weeks, starting from the date/time of this post. After that, the remainders start going out the door through other avenues. And we thank you for your interest.

Jan

Re: Ellison Shelf-Culling

Postby Jan » Wed May 18, 2011 5:11 am

Shameless!

FinderDoug

Re: Ellison Shelf-Culling

Postby FinderDoug » Wed May 18, 2011 11:22 am

Another country heard from. Talk to the Man in Black, sweetheart.

Return to “General”