Make it stop, please

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

NeonMosfet

Re: Make it stop, please

Postby NeonMosfet » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:20 pm

It will come back when you least suspect, because you have more talent than what you believe. Already you have put forth with three posts of substance. Just let it flow as your mother recuperates.
Myopia Through Convexed Harlequins

RocRizzo

Postby RocRizzo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 am

My eleventy-three cents:

1) go into a dark room
2) sit in a comfortable position
3) make every attempt to think of nothing, nil, nada, zilch.
4) feel the nothing go through your body, starting at the tips of your fingers and toes, and going inward.
5) keep thinking of nothing.
6) feel the nothing circulating through your body.
7) keep thinking of nothing.
8) feel the energy of air coming into your lungs. Breathe normally.
9) keep thinking of nothing.
10) relax as all the nothing is part of you, and you are part of it.

I know that this helps me. You really have to concentrate on clearing your mind of ALL thoughts.
I know it's hard, but you can do it. If I can do it, with all the shit I have been through in life, ANYONE certainly can. That's not to say that my brand of shit is any stinkier than your's, it's just your brand of shit, and you can overcome the stink, but you have to keep at it.
That little relaxation exercise helps me, and others I know, so give it a try.

You also should take time to smell the roses. They smell damn side better than the shit.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Or fly to Chicago. check into one of our lovely hotels. Take a cab to Rush Street, have a drink or two at a couple of establishments before picking a fav. Enjoy increasing feeling of drunkenness as you prevail upon the really handsome bartender to make you several of his special concoctions. Be thrilled and delighted to find a maraschino cherry or two at the bottom of each drink, cause you said you liked them. (Lynn and Lori, was that flirting behavior on his part or no?)Trade wit with the manager, who wasn't half bad either. Admire the waitresses who are all blond and sweet and gorgeous.
Oh no wait thats my script for a great night out. Minus the hotel, it was my Sat night. sobered up elsewhere and drove home. (Dont worry hours went by between the drinking and the driving. I no fool. Least bout this,)

Kafka my real advice is, you are helping your mom and your family. I would concentrate on that and school. Figure out what things you enjoy for leisure and do them. Then take a writing class or buy one of the excellent books on creative writing and do the exercises. Keep a free writing journal and write for a set number of pages or time. Every day, whether about anything or nada. It's practice. Take care of yourself. DB

Return to “General”