Snik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Tim Raven

Snik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Tim Raven » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:30 am

I know what my Snik! is. What's yours? You first, motherfucker. Better Make it Good. Real Good. Down, Nasty and Dirty. Then maybe I'll show you mine. I'm gonna be choosy in my replies, and I predict that I'll best you every time. Be brave and avoid lying, the honor system is in place, you mincing cunts.

diane bartels

Re: Snik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby diane bartels » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:59 am

Tim been trying to post a well back but was all locked out cause I am tech stooopid. Welcome Back. What the f@@@ is a snik. Honest i got no clue. Feel old feel stooopider. :( :?

Tim Raven

Postby Tim Raven » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:12 am

C'mon Diane....use your imagination....*g*. Gimme something good. Anything good.

Kafkahead

Postby Kafkahead » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 am

Snik (Sn-ɪ-ck), n. : An animal native to the Batoi Archipelago of Oceania, Southeast of the Philippines. An amphibious beast with a body length of five feet by a width of seven feet and two palms, it is easily taken for an octopus, a sea wolf and/or an orangutan, even though it belongs to none of the mentioned animals. It thrives on dark, murky and warm environments, having a greater concentration in the Gau Waboto swamps, with an average area coverage of four sniks per square decameter, although some variants, such as the Bloathorn Snik or the Grasshopper Snik (the former with an origin in the Lamawa Peak and the latter residing in the great Batoinian Jungle).
The Maobo Toe aborigine tribes of the Batoi Archipelago consider the Snik to be the most sacred animal of the entire world: it is said that Gobai Malwe, the drinking god who stole the food pot from Dim Belai in the Days of the Starting Animals and gave it to the island folk, takes the form of a great purple snik, holding in each tentacled hand a bowl full of Mushwe wine while he suckles upon them with each snorkel (it has been hypothesized that this depiction of Gobai may derive the prehensile proboscises that sniks plunge into veins of the Madhei Sequoias, part of the common Batoian flora, in the search for their sap, which is known for it's inebriating properties due to a considerable alcoholic content of 20% VV, as measured in HRM's college of Biology in New Hampton (now New New New Hampton) in 1889).
Sniks have a generally ill temper, lashing out at intruders in their territory, although most are appeased by the offerings of Mulshwe wine that are left hanging by branches or ground-level brushery. When handling a domesticated snik, it is advised that protective gear of the highest caliber be worn at all times (such as armor plated gas masks or NBC protection, along with the common riot shield): besides the risk of punctured skin or bites, the snik is known to release a sickly scented musk that is known to stun and cause unwanted bowel movement.

For more information, see: Barrel-Bird Mosquito; Maobo Toe Mythology; The Spittle Dance; Skulduggery.

Tim Raven

Postby Tim Raven » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:07 am

Kafkahead, my son, it was a yeoman’s effort. The most natural sounding writing effort of yours that I have read to date. Not stilted nor boring. See what an inspiration passion can be?

I’m not kidding, very cool.

Give me a moment; I need to wet my purple snorkel. Ahhhhhh, that’s much better!

But nope, that’s not the Snik I was referencing. Nope, nope, nope nopetty nope.

Close, KH, but no cigar…:)

Return to “General”