Defending bad behaviour (PT. !)

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Lori Koonce

Defending bad behaviour (PT. !)

Postby Lori Koonce » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:59 am

Hey gang

Barbe asked the following (greatly paraphrased of course) in the Pavy:

Have you ever been so upset that you knew saying something wasn't a good idea but did it anyway:]

Here's my answer. I actualy sent this to the woman in question, and it hasn't come back to me yet. I'm not expecting anything from it, but it felt good, and that's my goal for today. Everything I do or say is gonna make me feel better.

Ms. Kiser

I am a persona friend of David Silver's.

I just thought you'd like to know that he makes a very comfortable living auctioning cameras and other antiques.

You may want to think a bit more before taking someone as kind and considerate as him to task. Did you stop to consider the fact that the economy makes sales of any kind, especially ones of this magnitude next to impossible for major auction houses? Of course not, your need to take a total stranger down a notch is very evident in your writing

Now, while I can admit that my behaviour is no better than yours, at least I have to courtesy to keep it between the two of us. But I can and will say that my aim is much more noble than yours. You want to tear down someone I consider a friend. And as such he deserves to be defended. He's too much of a gentleman to take you to task himself.

Site Admin

Re: Defending bad behaviour (PT. !)

Postby Moderator » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:50 pm

Of course...now that you post it here it isn't just between the two of you...

:wink:

David would appreciate the support, I am sure.
- I love to find adventure. All I need is a change of clothes, my Nikon, an open mind and a strong cup of coffee.

Lori Koonce

Re: Defending bad behaviour (PT. !)

Postby Lori Koonce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:22 pm

True that Barber

But, I seriously doubt that she'll be here any time soon, and if you wanna compare apples and oranges, my little tirade isn't hitting half the numbers hers may have.

Now, if she does come across this and takes me to task, I'll be the gracious and kind person they know me to be and admit to the error and ask to have it removed if that would please her.

Or, I may give her the verbal equivalant of a Ti-Quan-Leap boot to the head. Who knows. Don't have to worry about that at this exact moment anyways.

Return to “General”