Dream about Harlan Ellison

General discussions of interest to readers and fans of Harlan Ellison.

Moderator: Moderator

Complex

Dream about Harlan Ellison

Postby Complex » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:59 pm

For some reason few nights ago I had a dream which featured Harlan Ellison. I mean it wasn't particularly meaningful maybe even silly but why let it go to waist (you know like tears in the rain) when there's an internet where I can write it down.

So at the beginning of Harlan Ellison's dream segment I was in his house. It wasn't his real house but rather a meadow between some buildings that are in my town area with sometimes becoming one of those ancient roman houses. Anyway I was in his house along with some of douchbags from thy high school that I used to went and we were hanging there. And I felt really helpless in fact I had some problems with my brain that I couldn't make coherent toughs so Harlan Ellison was preparing to help me get home since my sick condition. But just as we were to take off I suddenly felt better or something but he didn't need to go with me and his house was being evicted.
So all of a sudden that huge book collection that Harlan Ellison has in his house (around 250 000) suddenly turned into a big bookstore even before I got out of his house. But then I remembered I need to pick my notebook that I left in his house because it also dawned on me that I was there because I'm some sort of would be writer or something and that I was reading aloud my writings. What was also interesting is that the notebook was the same I had on my German language class in primary school which I guess has some meaning since Germans can be interpreted as Nazis and Ellison is Jewish.
So I went into the cellar of the store where they told me to look and where are mainly books that have been not yet tagged with price. So I started searching in the pile of newspapers and there were also books on UFOs that Ellison himself wrote in which he wrote how people are stupid in thinking that there are UFOs. I remember picking up volume 2 which began with something like "Since people didn't get from the first book on how UFOs are bullshit I'm writing this sequel..."
Nevertheless I didn't find the notebook so I went upstairs into that big bookstore. There were many shelves with books and many books which titles wanted my attention but I just kept walking. There were many people coming as the news spread. I even saw Martin Scorsese that picked up a book for his daughter and he came up to her but she didn't like the book. It was actually strange because I remember standing one of cupboards filled with books when I saw Scorsese coming my way so I moved away but not before I farted so Martin stand just where I farted and I remember thinking "Oh now Martin Scorsese is smelling my fart."
Anyway I found the papers from the notebook crammed between some books which is interesting because that was the only notebook that I had that papers fell out because they were glued rather than hefted. So I pulled the papers out but while I was doing it people around me tore clothes of my body so I was naked and while I continued walking naked like that some mafia people came to me and felt sorry for my lack of clothes so they gave me bunch of dollar bills to buy some clothes.
Then I remember buying some clothes but my memory is to blurred from then on to remember what happened next, but I'm glad for some reason to share this dream with whoever has patience to read it.

K. M. Kirby

Re: Dream about Harlan Ellison

Postby K. M. Kirby » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Harlan has not appeared in any dream of mine for several years. Are you certain that it's him?
--kk

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:36 am

Unca Harlan has so far appeared in two of my dreams. The first time, he took off his mask and turned out to be my late maternal grandfather, and I was like "YOU wrote all this??"

The second time he hosted a writer's competition which I apparently won (dreams=wish fullfillment?), after which he held up the manuscript and said "Let's talk about this." I cannot remember any of the advice I recieved. . .

NeonMosfet

Postby NeonMosfet » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Unka Harlan has never appeared in any of my dreams but a wierded out version of one of his stories did.
Myopia Through Convexed Harlequins

Steve Evil

Postby Steve Evil » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:51 am

Oh dear. "I have no mouth"? That'd be a creepy dream. . .

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:28 am

Last night I dreamed somebody loved me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDiEiXFaQF4

The night before it was Phil Ochs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhQgpOlsWaU

But here's the strangest one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2s6lUqyI-c

I'll stop now.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

diane bartels

Postby diane bartels » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Here's a thought does Harlan dream about us? No wonder the poor man is afraid.

Ezra Lb.

Postby Ezra Lb. » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:59 am

HE wouldn't be the first artist simultaneously fascinated and repelled by his audience.

I dreamed about Glenn Beck the other night, no shit. He was sitting at what looked like King Arthur's round table and defending the rights of Muslims. Not sure what to make of that.
“We must not always talk in the marketplace,” Hester Prynne said, “of what happens to us in the forest.”
-Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

FrankChurch

Postby FrankChurch » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Ezra is our Ed Bernays. haha

Return to “General”